5

Dean removed his hand from his face and watched Castiel fall to the floor. Dean got up and ran towards him. He fell to his knees next to him and put Cas' head on his lap. He looked at the wound leaking crimson liquid. Cas' hands, covered in blood, gripped the blade that stuck out of his chest. He was squeezing it so hard his knuckles were turning white.

"Ok. I'm going to pull it out on three." Dean said. Cas nodded quickly. "Okay, one-" Dean grabbed the handle and thrusted it out of Cas' body. He let out a painful scream.

"You said on three." Cas said, trying to maintain his breathing.

"It hurt less with the element of surprise." Dean tried to smile but he couldn't bring him self to do it. Dean pressed Cas' hands on his wounds.

"It'll be ok. We can go to the hospital. We can go home and stich you up if you want." Dean said with a shaky voice.

"No." Cas said, wincing. "No, It's too late. He punctured my lung. By the time we'd get to either of those places, I'd be dead."

Dean clutched Cas' shirt. "No." he growled, blinking away tears. "NO!" He screamed, letting his voice echo through the abandoned building. Tears blurred Dean's vision so he just closed his eyes and let the tears roll out. Hot sapphires streamed down Dean's cheek.

Cas grabbed Dean's hand and squeezed hard, trying to neutralize the pain.

"Dean," he said, choking on his words a little. "Dean it hurts." Cas coughed and a little bit of blood spurted out.

"Please..." Dean pleaded. "Please. Not now. Not like this." Dean squeezed Cas' hand. "I need you." he said, biting his lip so it wouldn't quiver.

"If it makes you feel any better," Cas said, forcing a smile through his blood stained teeth "I have a reserved place in heaven."

"I-" Dean let out a muffled sob so he wouldn't choke. "I love you." and before Cas could respond, Dean cradled his face in his hands and pressed his lips to Cas'. Cas sat there for a second, still in shock, then closed his eyes and fell into his embrace. He lifted his hand, sticky with blood, and wrapped it around Dean's neck. Dean could taste the metallic taste of blood on Cas' mouth but he didn't care. The sweet taste of his lips overpowered it. Dean lifted his head and matched his eyes to Cas'.

Cas smiled and skimmed his fingertips across the side of Dean's face. "I love-" his voice stopped abruptly. His eyes rose to the ceiling and his breathing slowed to a null stop.

Dean rose to his feet. His face was stained in dry tears. He leaned over and lifted Cas' limp body into his arms. He walked to the bug warehouse doors. He looked down to Cas as he hung lifeless in his arms and kissed his forehead, then walked out and let the doors close behind him.