fifteen

{Jay}

"We're really doing this?" I asked, looking over at Ashton one last time before we walk up the steps.

He looked down at me and took a deep breath. "We really are" he bent down and kissed me quickly before continuing to tell me the plan once more. "So I'm gonna stand in front of him with the gun and distract him and when he gets up to go after me, shoot, okay?" He says softly as he squeezed my hand once more.

"Okay" I breathed out and closed my eyes for a few seconds before walking up the steps slowly and carefully with Ashton. We couldn't make a sound or we were screwed. Ashton looked back at me many times to make sure I was doing okay, I gave him a tiny smile to show I was okay, even though I was pretty much panicking inside. There were only ten steps but it felt like a million. I was trying to keep my breathing as quiet as possible but it was a hard task.

We got up the last step and he looked around in every direction, making sure everything was clear. He looked back at me and nodded quickly before we both started walking carefully again. We finally laid eyes on Charles, with a half empty bottle of whiskey in his hand and his eyes closed and mouth wide open, letting out loud snores.

I looked up at Ashton with worry in my eyes, once I realized how close we were to taking action. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it as if to tell me everything would be okay. I took a quiet, deep breath and got behind the tall couch. I gripped the gun tightly, until my knuckles were almost white. It wasn't my first time shooting a gun, I've just never shot it at a person. I used to go to the shooting rage with my dad when I was about 12. I remember going out to hunt for real for the first time with my dad, I ended up getting two squirrels, I remember how happy I was that I actually did it.

I looked up to see Ashton taking a deep breath before bringing the gun up in line with Charles' head. He slowly reached to put the metal barrel on the temple of his head. He glanced over at me quickly to make sure everything was going as planned. The man stirred in his sleep as the cold metal touched his head.

Within a split second Charles' hand was around the barrel of the gun. Ashton didn't shoot because it wasn't part of our plan. Panic washed across his face, it was the first time I've ever seen him like that. The recently passed out man snapped his eyes open and smirked devilishly as he saw Ashton standing in front of him. His grip on the barrel of the gun grew stronger and so did Ashton's, as if they were playing tug-of-war with the weapon. I didn't know what was happening or what would happen next, I didn't realize my breath was hitched in my throat until my head started to get dizzy. My breathing then became erratic and I was trying my best to stay quiet and hidden.

Charles grip overpowered Ashton's and soon he was dragging Ashton down to the ground, he still had a grip on the opposite side of the gun, refusing to give up on this battle. His brow was furrowed in concentration and his muscular arms were tensed and flexed as he tried his hardest to win the battle. I didn't know if it was my time to attack yet or not, I decided to stay behind the couch and wait it out.

The air in the room was thick and my breathing was still more like a pant and sweat started to form on my forehead, I knew I had to act soon but it seemed like my legs were glued to where I was. I closed my eyes, I can do this, I can do this I thought to myself. I looked back over to couch to see what was happening and I saw that Charles had gotten the best of Ashton and the gun was thrown across the wooden floor. He brought his fist up and pounded in into the right side of Ashton's face, I gasped and knew it was time for me to get up.

As I got up a floorboard creaked and Charles slowly turned to face me. He chuckled and shook his head.

"I knew if this piece of shit was here you weren't too far away" he growled as he slowly walked towards me. I gripped the gun harder and felt my palms become sweaty and my heart rate sped up even more than it was. He glanced down at the gun I was holding down by my side and smirked again.

"You really think you have the guts to pull the trigger" he took two steps closer to me, I could now smell the strong scent of alcohol on his breath and I cringed at the smell.

"You couldn't. I don't care how strong you think you are, you can't pull the trigger" he was testing me, testing my sanity, testing my strength. Anger boiled inside of me and I knew I had lost a small part of my sanity for being in here, because if I was still fully sane I sure as hell would be here with a gun in my hand. I wasn't even sure that I could muster up the courage to pull the trigger. As he stepped even closer till he was practically towering over me, still chuckling lightly.

You can do this

No you can't

It only takes one second

But you'll regret it forever

Then it's all over

You think you're going insane now? Imagine how crazy you'll go knowing you killed someone

Do it Jay

Don't be stupid Jay

Pull the trigger

You're just a coward

My thoughts fought with themselves and I tried to shake the ones telling me the consequences but it was almost impossible.

Just do it, take a deep breath, put the gun to his chest, pull the trigger

My chest tightened up as he took a half step closer to me. I almost gaged at the odor radiating off his body. I titled my chin up slightly to look over his shoulder. I saw Ashton slowly sitting up and holding the right side of his face with his hand as blood from the impact ran down it. His eyes met mine after a few seconds and he gave me a reassuring look and tried his best to form a small smile.

I felt Charles' breath fan over me and the heavy smell was horrible. I knew he was drunk but he didn't act like most people when he was drunk. He didn't stumble around and slur his words, instead he got more angry and aggressive when he was intoxicated. He was absolutely disgusting and it enraged me even more just by his presence being so close to me.

Kill this son of a bitch

You won't even feel bad

You'd be doing everyone a favor

Just pull the fucking trigger Jay

It seemed as if my thoughts were now yelling at me to get on with it. My hand was no longer shaking as much and my courage has built up from all the anger and hatred of the man in front of me.

I heard him deeply chuckle before he started talking once again. "You can't do it. I don't care if you think you're strong, you can't. You're a coward, just like your mother was. You can't do anything for yourself, you always have to have this fucker do it for you" he pointed his thumb over his shoulder, indicating it towards Ashton as he kept his stare firmly on me. "Well guess what he isn't here to protect you now so what are you gonna do?" He paused, "oh that's right, you're not gonna do anything, fucking coward-"

He didn't finish what he was saying before I pulled the trigger and he collapsed onto the floor.

___

(AN: OMG!!! THIS TOOK FOREVER FOR ME TO UPDATE! I'm so sorry it took so long, I literally rewrote this three times, I didn't know for the longest time what I wanted to do for this chapter.

This is no where close to the end of the story just because Charles is now dead ;)

I really like this chapter even though it's short, I tried to put every last bit of detail into this so yeah. I'm excited for the next chapter because its really important, actually the next like two or three chapters are really important.

Does anyone even really read my authors notes? Probably not lol.

Anyways, please remember to read my other fanfic, 11:59 and share them and vote and all that shit. Thanks for reading and follow me on twitter, @gigglieniall )