Chapter 1

2D sat alone at the kitchen table. It was early on a Saturday morning in May of 2012, and all of his band mates were still asleep. He had the morning paper in his hands and a cup of coffee sitting before him. The bright Spring sun filtered in the window of their London apartment.

Noodle was the first band member, after 2D, to wake up. She was an early riser, always up before Murdoc and Russel, but never before 2D.

She was generally a perky morning person, but this morning was different. She looked like her sleep wasn't restful enough and her eyes were raw and red like she'd been crying.

She made her cup of coffee but was hesitant to join 2D at the table. He looked up from his paper when he noticed her standing at the counter, leaning over with her head in her hands.

"Good mornin', Noods," he said to her when he looked up. She barely acknowledged him.

"What's wrong, luv?" he asked, putting down his paper to join her. She only shook her head in a "no" fashion. "Somefink's wrong, I can tell. If you want to talk, here I am."

She turned around, revealing her red heads and her scar, which was darker than ever. "Last night," she started in a weak voice, "James broke up with me." At the mention of that name, she started crying again. 2D grabbed her and held her close to his shoulder. He could never stand to see her cry.

James was her boyfriend of six months. He and Noodle met after a small concert in December. He had been a fan of Gorillaz since he saw the music video for "DARE" on MTV and fell in love with Noodle. The night before, he broke up with her while on their dinner date. He was a sketchy character from South London who lost a game of pool to Murdoc after the same concert in a bar.

"I can't understand what happened," Noodle explained. They had moved to the table to talk. "The while night, he was constantly checking his phone. When he was away from the table, another woman called it. He came back and when I wanted to talk about it, he dumped me. It was probably because of my scar, or the fact that I don't even have a real name. It's just not fair!" She cried even harder when she finished talking.

"Don' blame yerself," 2D consoled. "None of this is your fault. You're a beautiful young lady, and if 'e couldn't appreciate tha', 'e's the one missin' out."

"You really think so, 2D?" she asked as she lifted her head.

"Am I Stuart Pot?" he asked with a comforting smile.

She nodded yes and smiled.

"There's tha' smile I luv! Now, yew should go get sum rest. No guy's worth losin' sleep ova."

"Thanks, 2D." She stood u and hugged him, then rushed by Russel going down the hall.

"Yo, D. What's up wit' Baby Girl?" he asked when he walked in.

"Tha' James character broke up wif her last night. She was feelin' down."

"She was smilin' pretty good when I saw her."

"I talked to her. She's goin' ta sleep sum more."

"I didn' trust that dude, anyway. I knew he was big trouble. He wasn' good enough for my Baby Girl. No one is."

2D nearly spot up some of his coffee. Russel noticed.

"Question is, are YOU okay, D?"

2D had to catch his breath. "So, no one is good enuff fer Noodle? Not even, yew know, someone yew know?"

"Why?" Russel was getting suspicious. "You got someone in mind?"

The blue-haired man had to think. "Nope, just wonderin'."

A/N: These accents are harder than I thought! I'm trying to do my best to make them more "authentic". Anyway, I already have the entire story written down on paper, so it won't take me long to publish the entire thing. Hope you guys enjoy it!