Chapter Eight - Sports Festival part 1

Start from the beginning

I pull my wrist from him and rushed forward seeing one girl had been a bit slower and her leg was pinned under the rubble, before I had time to worry the other two people could also be seen bursting through the metal chunks.

"Class A's Kirishima, Quirk hardening" the announcer explains that these two students who were caught by the rubble both had quirks that prevented them from being crushed.

Now people began to jog around in order to fight the other robots. But Instead of running with them, I stopped beside the girl with her leg pinned. I had almost made the same mistake... I thought as I began lifting the large chunk of metal off so she could move. As she pulled herself out I felt a little sick at the sight. It was a compound fracture, with part of the bone sticking from her leg. I set the metal down once she had moved and heard her gasp as she looked at her leg.
"Shhh, it's okay" I sat kneeling down beside her "I'm going to help you, I just need you to focus on something else and relax" 

I'm trying to be soothing but I can still see the panic in her eyes so I try to make small talk
"What's your quirk?" I ask as I reach for her leg. She looks at the ground before answering.

"Hand enlargement," she says quietly.

"That's cool" I smile "I'm going to push the bone back in so I can heal you, but it's going to hurt, okay" she nods and I notice that almost everyone has passed us at this point but I try not to worry. 

I take a deep breath, I know how to do this, and pulling her leg straight I push the piece of bone back in. She gasps again and I quickly move my hands up to her shoulders and heal. It doesn't take long but after I feel like I'd already run the marathon. 

Standing together on her newly healed leg she whispers thank you and then turns to run, I nod a little dizzy and stretch my wings I can still do this. Taking off I quickly start getting ahead. The rest of the challenges are fairly easy as I can fly over the minefield and canyon, but given the delay I had, I'm still nowhere near first.

"And we have Akuma Angelica in 23 place" I hear the speakers announcing as I finally land and finish the race. "quirk Angel, she can use her wings to fly and fight, and she has the rare ability to heal using her own energy as we witnessed earlier" he finishes. So some people were watching, I think before walking over to Izuku and Ochako.

"Good job Izuku" I congratulated the blushing boy who had come in first place. "Did you finally learn to control your quirk?"

 He turns even more before answering "No, it was more luck really."

"Are you kidding" Ochako interrupts "you were brilliant Izuku" and then she began explaining how he had won to me. Honestly, I was really impressed, he won without even using his quirk, that really was remarkable. I could feel someone watching me as we talked but decided to ignore it, I didn't want to talk to Todo at the moment. It didn't take a genius to figure out he'd frozen them so they would fall, and despite it being a competition I couldn't get over the feeling of terror I'd felt watching them fall before I'd known who was underneath or the sight of the girl who wasn't so lucky. He'd had prioritized winning over people's safety without a thought, and it made me wonder what he would be willing to do to win.

"Izuku Midoriya placed first in the qualifier round" Midnight begins announcing before I have any more time to dwell on my thoughts of Todo. "So he will be worth 10 million points."

I watched Izuku cower into himself at this sentence as though he was imagining the rest of us looming over him waiting to tear him down. I glance around to realize he wouldn't even be that far off with that analysis.

"It's survival of the fittest with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top" Midnight continued enthusiastically "the teams will be made up of two to three people of your choice, like this" she gestures to an example being pulled up on the screen behind her "and your bands must be displayed on your forehead with the number of points. Now choose your teams!"