Chapter 6 - Where do we go from here?

I woke up to the slowing rising and falling of Toms chest. His hair was messy and his mouth was slightly open. It never really dawned on me that I had slept with a famous person. At his house. On his couch. It didn't feel like that. It just felt like two kids falling in love. I hated to admit it, but I loved Tom. And these being with him these past couple of days had been some of the best, and I wanted more days like that. I wasn't sure of what we were though.

Did he just want to pull a "hump and dump" maneuver? Did he really like me as much as I liked him? What were his thoughts for the future?

My mind wandered while I examined Toms home. It was very spacey, with minimal furniture. There was posters and albums plastered on the walls, as well as guitars and guitar pics scattered about. His house was lined with dark colored floorboards, accented with lighter colored furnishes.

I arose from Toms chest, where I left him there to sleep. My legs dragged me through his house, observing and examining. His kitchen matched the living room, with dark floors and lighter colored counters. There were food wrappers and cups from last night, as well as plates and silverware strewn about. I found my way to the stairs, where a room was placed at the bottom. I looked in the room and it appeared to be Toms. It was as messy as a teenagers, with clothing and records all over. It smelled musty and sweaty, and the blinds were pulled down. His bed sheets were sprawled all over, and his dresser drawers were all opened at different lengths. I left his room and made my way up the stairs. Right ahead of me was another living room, full of shelves and supplies, and a big tv. He had books, movies, and documentary's, and they were all space related.  To the left sat a desk with papers stacked neatly on top.

I left the living room, and crossed the bridge to the left. I could see Tom still on the couch where I left him. Across the bridge was a bathroom, and to the right and left of it were guest rooms that we're nearly made. There was a closet on the other side of bridge with more shelves. There were pictures, guitar wiring, tools, and other random objects in it. I made my way back downstairs to the living room. I found a small hallway with two doors, one of which was a bathroom. Across from that was a door that was locked. This door snatched my curiosity. I went over to my pants on the ground, and reached inside my pocket to find a bobby pin and a small iron rod, about two inches long. I had kept these in my pockets at all times. I used these to open locked items - something I had learned off the streets.

Before I got the chance to work my magic, I heard Tom move, startling me. I quickly shoved the objects in my hand back into my pocket. I turned and made my way over to him and sat next to him.

"When did you get up?"

"Not long ago. I was just making myself familiar with your home. It's very nice." I debated whether or not I should ask him about the locked door. I looked for something else to say.

"So, what do you want to do for the rest of today?"

"That's up to you. I've got no plans."

We were both very indecisive. I finally decided that I wanted to go shopping, and Tom could come if he wanted to.

"I never understood why girls loved shopping. It's a lot of walking." He said while standing up to stretch.

"I don't necessarily like it, I'm just in dire need of more clothing. Something other than sweat pants."

"You should get more of those." he said, gesturing towards my skinny jeans. "I like those."

I smiled at his words.

"Alrighty then, let's go shopping."

We both got dressed quickly, and made our way to his car. the engine roared as we soared down the highway, making our way to the mall. We entered the mall as the many conversations and shoe clicking filled the air.

We walked around the mall into different stores.

I made my way to Hot Topic and quickly picked out some ripped jeans and graphic band shirts. I picked up a shirt with the Dude Ranch album cover on it and smiled as I showed Tom. All he did was laugh as I added it to the pile. I walked to the lady at the counter.

"Could I try these on?"

"Absolutely, come with me please."

I followed the lady with Tom close behind. She unlocked the door and I stepped inside. I motioned for Tom to wait outside, knowing all too well he wouldn't.