A

╔═══════════════════╗

It's not the future your afraid of

It's the fear of the past

Repeating itself that

Haunts you

╚═══════════════════╝

It was a beautiful day outside

It was a beautiful day outside. So sunny and so bright that the flowers shook with joy. A little boy was outside, playing with a stray dog that just seems to find it's way to his house every once in a while. The boy was young, very young. His bouncy golden brown hair bounced up and down while he chased the little black dog. His clothes have many wrinkles, but that's only because the person who usually washes his clothes is sick.

His mother.

She's been sick for awhile now and Jeno has gotten used to the fact that he can't eat hot meals like other kids at dinner time, that he can't have someone push him on the swing when he wants to feel like flying, and whenever he feels down has no one to cheer him up. He knows that whenever he comes home from school he's not met with hugs and kisses. He knows that when he gets hurt no ones there to heal him up with sweet words. He knows that he can't see his mother certain times of the day and knows that his father goes out every night to get drunk, and doesn't come back until tomorrow. He knows all these things, and yet he still wants to have a happy family. A family that eats together at dinner time. Plays together. Is happy together.

It starts to get dark out and he secretly puts the little black dog in his backyard, his father would never allow a dog inside the house. His mother is allergic to them, but mostly because he doesn't wanna have to deal with it. He's always wanted a dog, wanted a companion. The boy doesn't have many friends at school, and gets bullied sometimes for being quiet. Sometimes he comes home from school with bruises from being pushed around or hit with backpacks. And no ones there to save him, protect him, tell him that "it will be okay", but he knows well that no one would protect and lonely and sad boy like him. Nobody wants to deal with emotional people.

He walks into the house and sees that his dad isn't in his usual spot in the living room. He guessed that he went to the bar already. He quickly takes his shoes off and goes upstairs to where his mother is resting. He slowly opens the door and peeks in. A small frame moves from up and down, taking slow breaths. Sleeping. His mother sleeps all day everyday, he thought it helps. But after all this he only wished he'd done something.

"Mommy?.." he whispered and entered the cold room. He slowly made his way towards the small woman and gave her arm the smallest push with his small hands. She gave a small groan and slowly rolled over to face her little boy. She gave a small smile as her eyes turned into little crescents.