Chapter 2: Finding Out The Hard Way

The Night was long and the wait longer, I couldn't believe what I had done. It all happened so fast, My fathers death, My mothers beheading. This was all too much for me. I turned over and sighed. "No going back now, I guess" I looked up at my chair and met eyes with Tetsu who had an eyebrow raised.

Rura: "Tetsu?! How did you get there?"

Tetsu:"By walking in M'lady..."

He said this sarcastically as he stood up from his spot and wandered towards me. He then proceeded to sit at the end of the bed which forced me to sit up.

Rura:"sorry my heads been a bit out of the clouds recently..."

he then laughed at me, I looked at him in disbelief. he saw me and I must have looked slightly angry because he imedeitly stopped and explained himself.

Tetsu:"Sorry your grace but I just find it rather funny that you are still so polite to me even though you have become queen?..."

Rura:" I told you I was going to be nothing like my mother did I not?"

Tetsu:"That you did m'lady."

he replied grinning from ear to ear, bowing jokingly. I sighed getting up and putting on my silk nightgown. I walked over to the window sill and sat staring over the sea.

Tetsu:"Your grace are you sure your ok after all that has happened?"

Rura:"I dont have a choice i need to be, i need to be strong for me, my friends,the kingdom."

Tetsu:"You worry to much your grace, far to much."

There was then a long silence.

Rura:"we can't be like how we use to be."

Tetsu sighed.

Tetsu:" I understand completely, i would never want to endanger your rule Rura."

I now thought about earlier with the girls. Tetsu was the main reason i was crying. I wasn't ready to let him go. I know it was silly but now we would have to be way more distant and he couldn't come visit me as often as the royal council would get suspicious. He was like a brother to me and new suitors wouldn't understand.  

Tetsu:"I shall take my leave, your grace."

He bowed and left leaving me hurt.

I wandered into the bathroom and turned on the tap proceeding to wash my face. I then turned off the water and sighed placing my head in my hands. I then heard my door open.

???:Rura?...

I wandered towards the voice. As i reached the bathroom door i soon saw shenshi come into veiw.

Rura:"Shenshi? What are you doing here at such a late hour?"

Shenshi:"I saw Tetsu storm out your room, he looked like he was crying and i wanted to check you where ok?"

I chuckled at her worry as she was so caring.

Rura:"Thank you shenshi but you need not worry, i am perfectly fine."

She yawned looking rather tired. I then lead her to my bed and sat at the edge as she spoke herself to sleep.