The wedding day.

It was 5:00 in the morning I was sitting on the terrace with red eyes, a pale face and millions of questions running through my mind. I was shocked, hurt and broken. Today is suppose to be the wedding, I am not even 1% excited about it. I am going to see his face and would love to kill him. I can't even expose his reality, its the day my whole family was eagerly waiting for. I can't hurt them. For now, it's better to stay quiet and just let this wedding happen. I picked up the vodka bottle and went inside the hotel. I was all drunk and unable to think straight. I entered my room and fell asleep.

"Veronica! Get up. We need to get ready for the wedding. We need to go to the parlor, get our hair done etc." My granny was shouting. I was almost awake and wanted to scream how much I hate all this. But, with a smiling face, I got up and went straight to the bathroom. I promised myself to just let all this be and enjoy this day at least for my sister. I started dressing up me, Jennifer, sia and Clara were the bridesmaids. We had this blue colored dresses. I picked up my dress and went outside. My granny was waiting for me. I took the room card and went straight towards the parking loot. I called my driver and sat inside the car. The driver was looking at me from the mirror, he knew what my condition was last to last night. My grandma being observant as she was sensed the tension between me and the driver. She put her hand on my thigh and looked at me straight in the eye. I was looking at her and my eyes started watering, I looked away.
"Whatever it is I know my granddaughter is strong enough to handle it. " she said rubbing my thigh. I nodded my head and starting looking out of the window. We reached the Palour and was greeted by Jennifer, Sia and Clara. Jennifer and sia saw me and came towards me offering a hug. While Clara was standing there and without a word said she went straight towards my grandma. What is wrong with her?

"What is wrong with Clara?" I asked both of them. They looked at each other and shared a look. A look of shock. They know the reason.

"Nothing! She has been stressed out lately. " Jennifer said.

"Right." I said and looked at her with a expression that conveys I know they were lying.

"See, it's not our part to tell." Sia said.
Just then the manager of the Palour came towards me.

"Vetonica my love! Come, I'll make you look like goddess today. All three of you follow me." she said and I smiled and followed.
I went inside this room. They made me sit on a chair. They starting washing my hair, doing my nails and all the fancy stuff. I was just think about all this that went down in just a span of a day.  Knowing all the things and ways to call the police and tell them the reality of the murderer, I can't do it. It's just,if I let out a single secret, I'll expose the whole thing and my family would have to pay for things I don't want them too.

It's a do or die situation.

----------------------------------------------------------
2 Hours later.

I was all ready. Wearing my sky blue dress. Everyone was ready and looking fine as hell. My sister had proper bridal  make up and spa thingy already. I turned around and saw Mike standing over there. He is the groomsmaid and I am walking down the aisle with him arm-in-arm. I greeted him with a warm hug and a small smile. At least he was the only one left who has been loyal to me. We all were ready and heading towards the venue. I got down and Mike gave me his hand, I held his hand and looked into his eyes. We started walking on the aisle and I felt all eyes were on us. I lined up on the alter and observed the atmosphere. So happening it all was. Then,  I saw him.  He was the best man. Smiling brightly as usual. He started his best man speech but all I could think was how can he do this? I knew he had a devilish side, but  I never  thought he would do anything like this. Then entered Jennifer and Clara holding the bouquet. The flowers, the guests, the relatives everything and everyone seemed so happy. This would have been the happiest day of my life. But, all I know, it all came crashing down that night. Then enetered Nathan. His face was like a sunflower who just found his sun. His eyes were bright and filled with sense of satisfaction. A look that says it all. Finally the lover boy got what he wanted. Then entered Sia who was the flower girl. All  hearts now waited. Waited for that one girl The braid. I was looking at Nathan and believe me or not, his mood and the way he was waiting for his girl made me so happy. My sister is one of the most luckiest girl. Then entered Jessica, in her white flowery dress. Looking breath taking as usual. Her hair looked like branches of trees descending from heaven's arm. The look on my father's face arm-in-arm with my sister. He was so happy yet proud. Proud of her daughter, who chosed happiness as a path of life, who valued partnership and love. She reached the alter and looked at me, I smiled. Then her eyes traveled straight to the groom and everything seem to fade. Their history, their past and everything they don't want to remember. Ready to start a new journey of life. A new family, new rules and into making new memories.
They held hands and stood on the alter.

"Jessica, I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard,

when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life."

There was a look of 'aww' in everyone's eyes. Everyone was pleased with the vow. And me? I was more then mesmerized.

"You have made me feel more loved than I ever thought possible. Today, I give you all that I am, and all that I have. Just as I give you my hand to hold today, I give you my heart, my faith, my life. I choose you today. And I would choose you again tomorrow. I would go on choosing you the day after, and every day for the rest of our lives. You are my once-in-a-lifetime. I love you and I too will always carry you in my heart."

This day had me sobbing.