Introduction & Important Note on Resources

Introduction

The Tiger Writer (Enna L. Foxwood) together with Magic Fox has been making covers for about 7 years now.

She does this because she enjoys it. She is not an art student nor has she gone to any graphic designers' schools. Everything she knows today are from trial and error, and experiment on experiment.

Most covers and graphics during 2012 ~ 2018 are an embarrassment :P (Jul. 01, 2022)

 01, 2022)

IMPORTANT NOTE ON RESOURCES

A note on resources used. 

If you go to the end of a chapter in this art book and see:

(Resources: X)

That means the pictures, vectors, and font used in the cover are either copyrighted resources (in that they are for personal use only), or I cannot remember where I got them from and no longer have the originals in my possession.

So, what about pages that don't say (Resources: X) on them?

=======

PICTURES / VECTORS

When I was first starting out, I thought any "CC0" or "copyright free for use" was safe to use for anything, but it turns out, even Pixabay you need to be careful with.

If, at the end of the page, you don't see (Resources: X)...

that means I either have the original photo, or that I got it through my subscription with PicMonkey who gets their photos from Shutterstock and used to get their photos through Gettys Images and Unsplash.

So, there was a time when PicMonkey resource photos were Gettys or Unsplash, and those photos I gained access to mostly through my subscription with PicMonkey.

When PicMonkey partnered with Shutterstock, now all my photos are from there. I do not use Unsplash, Getty Images, and much less Pixabay. I really do not trust Pixabay anymore for "free for commercial use" photos.

=======

FONT

Font is mostly from PicMonkey and from subscribing for their Premium package. Any other font either has been in my own computer, or I have downloaded or purchased it myself.

For any page that does NOT have (Resources: X), the font is most likely from my computer, PicMonkey, or ones I have downloaded or purchased.

As for downloaded font, from 2012-2018, some of the downloaded font had questionable copyright. I have since gotten rid of the ambiguous ones and kept those where it clearly says it is free to use for any purposes, even commercial.

From 2020 onwards, I have downloaded free font bundles from designer resource shops or purchased the font. PicMonkey has also upgraded their font type availability and there are even more types I can use.

=======

FINALLY

Unless you are a judge of a contest, or a fellow designer, this might not be of any interest to you, but it's a good thing to have and about time I wrote it (Jul. 01, 2022).

=======

Now, onto the juicy covers and other artsy graphicy endeavors :P