Prolouge

Mitch's POV:

Slowly I walk down the cold corridors, people seem to stare and not look away, I wish I was normal. I'm hideous!

"Freak." Someone grunts into my ear, clutching my books closer I look down trying to cover my eyes. Blue and brown. "Weirdo." "Mutant" "mistake" the words give me shivers and tears roll to my eyes. My feet move faster and soon I start running through the school before reaching a bathroom. I push the doors open and run into a cubicle before slamming it shut and locking it, I bring my feet up so no one can see me under the door and bury my face in my arms. MY AM I LIKE THIS! I want to be normal! The bell for lesson goes but I don't move, I don't care if I get into trouble! I just want to go home! More tears fall from my eyes and the door opens, quickly shutting up I listen to the footsteps come closer to the end cubicle which I'm in.

"Mitchy?" A soft voice whispers, I know who it is instantly but don't say anything. "Mitchy it's okay, let me in yeah?" Slowly I reach forward and unlock the door, it opens and In walks my best and only friend Scott. "What happened Mitchy?" Scott runs his fingers through his blond hair and gazes over me with his normal blue eyes.

"T they c called m me b bad t things." I stutter sniffing and shaking. Scott smiles and walks over, kneeling in front of me and taking my hands that still shake.

"You. Are. Beautiful. Don't. Ever. Let. Anyone. Say. Anything. Different!" Scott commands, I look down at the floor. "Look at me Mitchell. You are the best person on this earth, you're so unique and special and you should be proud of your eyes." Scott tell me. I nod and thank him quietly. "Come on now, let's wipe your perfect eyes." Scott says and wipes away my tears before getting up, pulling me with him. I look up and admire his perfect normal eyes, wishing I could steal them.