157. Someone Breaks In

Start from the beginning

"Why don't we give you some time with her?" Her dad asked. I thanked them as they stepped out to talk to my parents. My mom had just gotten to the hospital.

I sat in the uncomfortable hospital chair next to her bed and gently grabbed her hand and rubbed it with my thumb. I didn't even care about the fact that the hospital chair was uncomfortable. As long as I was next to my baby girl and she was going to be okay, I was good. I saw her turn her head and groan.

"Shh, you're okay baby girl." I said as she opened her eyes to look at me. As soon as she saw me, she started to cry.

"I tried to call you but they must have had it on silent. They always do during interviews. So I called Manny. He said he was on his way." She said and recounted her story to me. I held it together for as long as I could but when she said that he hit her in the head and everything went black, I bursted into tears. My poor baby girl.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I'm so sorry." I said, apologizing.

"It's okay. You were working. It's okay. You're here now and that's all that matters. I'm going to be okay. They said I have a concussion, a broken arm and a broken rib. They gave me some pain medicine too." She said.

"Is the pain medicine helping?" I asked.

"Yeah. Not one hundred percent but yeah it's taking most of the pain away." She said. I kissed her hand gently and looked at her. Even like this she looked so beautiful.

"Do you know how beautiful you are?" I asked. She blushed, causing me to laugh.

"Shawn, I'm in a hospital gown and my head is wrapped in gauze. I look like shit." She said. My heart broke again.

"No, you look beautiful. You're such a strong person. I'm so proud of you." I said.

"What are you proud of me for?" She asked.

"For calling my dad and 911, and for hiding in the bathtub." I said. She looked at me and tears welled in her eyes.

"Shawn, I was so scared. When I saw the bat I thought he was going to kill me. I thought that I was never going to see you again." She said, starting to cry. My heart broke for the third time that day and I got up and sat on the hospital bed so I could be closer to her. I wiped her tears away.

"Shh, you're okay. You're okay now and that's all that matters, okay. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. Okay?" I asked. She nodded and then winced.

"Okay." She said. I was able to take her home the next day. "Shawn?" She asked.

"Yes baby girl?" I responded.

"Can I rest please?" She asked. I nodded my head.

"Of course. Come on, let me carry you." I said as I picked her up. She let me carry her up and tuck her in. I got in on the other side of the bed, my side of the bed. I didn't plan on falling asleep, but I planned on watching her to make sure that she was okay.

Your point of view

I sat in the bathtub, on the phone with 911. The robber opened the shower curtain and showed me that he was holding Shawn with a gun to Shawn's head. I screamed.

"SHAWN!" I yelled.

"Babe wake up!" Shawn said. What? What is he talking about? "Babe wake up!" Shawn yelled again as he shook me.

I sat up quickly, causing me to feel dizzy. I looked to my right to find Shawn looking panicked.

"Is this real? Is he gone?" I asked, panicking.

"This is real honey. The robber isn't here, he's in jail. You're okay." Shawn said. I started to cry.

"In the dream he had a gun to your head. It looked and felt so real. I don't want to lose you Shawn, I can't lose you." I said while crying.

"You're not going to lose me. I'm right here. I cancelled all of my interviews and stuff for the next two weeks so I can be here for you." Shawn said. I wanted to hug him but I was in pain.

"Okay. Thank you. Please don't leave my side." I pleaded.

"I won't leave your side baby, I promise you that I won't. Okay?" He asked.

"Okay. I want to hug you but I'm in pain. Sorry." I said.

"Baby, don't apologize for being in pain. I think you're due for some pain meds, let me go grab them." He said.

"Okay." I said. Shawn brought them to me and I took them. I looked at Shawn. "Can I have a kiss?" I asked. Shawn chuckled.

"Baby girl, you never have to ask." He said as he leaned forward. As soon as our lips met, I felt sparks shootout like fireworks throughout my body. I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon. Shawn rubbed my cheek as he kissed me. We pulled away all too soon.

"I love you Shawn. Thank you for always being there for me." I said.

"I love you too. Y/n, I will always be here for you." Shawn said, and with that, we fell back asleep. I continued to have nightmares on and off for a week but then they went away. Also, just like he promised, Shawn never left my side.