investigation report - national constabulary

Investigation Report

Decedent: Verlies Martir y Esplendor

~~~ OFFICIAL REPORT ~~~

Synopsis: The decedent is a 16-year old Daiyaoan male jumped off a school building from the eighth story.

Description of the Event

On the 01/10/XX at 1648 hours, Jose Kirchner was approached by SPO1 Jose Enriquez Manolo. Gn. Manolo reported to Kirchner the death of Verlies E. Martir, DOB: 31-03-02, at the University of Saint Jude Thaddeus, T. Cloma Avenue, Barrio Teodoro, City of Hizon.

Per the preliminary report of Mng. Manolo and the team dispatched, eyewitnesses saw the decedent on the ledge of the University Jurisprudence building at around 1130 hours. At around 1145, eyewitnesses from both inside and outside the campus saw the decedent running towards the opposite direction. Seconds later, the decedent jumped off the building and fell from the eighth floor rooftop down to the ground, where the commencement exercises were being held. At this time 1-1-1-8 responded to calls from inside the campus and a police officer father phoned the precinct of Mng. Manolo.  

The decedent lives with his family in the city of Layague. The parents were currently not in the country during the time, however, his siblings were present. At the time of the initial call, they were in situ at the time.

Jose Kirchner informed Maginoong Manolo that he would investigate and respond to the scene, and that the decedent would be transported from the President Fernando Maharlica Memorial Hospital to the Hizon City Police Medical Facility.

01/10/XX @1603 Hours 

While on the scene, the following was reported: the day of the incident was the Commencement Exercises of the University of which the decedent was enrolled in. Verlies did not exhibit any abnormal signs during the morning of the day, nor before the student assembly an hour before. Reportedly, he was present during the March of Students (Marca da Mag-estudyiante) but was absent afterwards. He excused himself to his siblings before the playing of the National Anthem. 

Preliminary investigation shows that there has not been immediate signs for a cause of death, however Verlies has gone to the Guidance Office several times over the past school year. He has also visited mental help centers for the past year, according to siblings. Acquaintances say that Verlies is usually outgoing and this is unlikely behaviour. 

His best friends, however suspect the ongoing case filed against the University concerning sexual, mental and physical abuse (refer to Police File 20XX-12-2010 at the HCPD Archives). Reportedly, members of the University faculty, stuff and some students have been pressuring the plaintiffs, even to the point of assault. When the concerned were questioned, the allegations were denied.

Scene Visit - Date: ibid.

Jose Kirchner was directed to where the decedent landed, the Quadrangle inside the school campus. It was of note that decedent fell behind the stage propped-up for the event, considering the fall would suggest he would land on the stage itself. With no blood or evidence suggesting he landed on the far end of the stage and into the back, this could not be concluded at the time of this writing. Maginoong Manolo rejoined him inside. The scene was cordoned off with police yellow tape, with the hired security guards and members of the Constabulary protecting the area. Detectives were photographing the scene. 

The body was lying face-down, with the head pointing south. The majority of his belongings of the decedent were with his siblings, however there was a piece of paper on him and his handkerchief which was bloodied. The body was already cool to the touch, however minutes later, he was still rushed to the Maharlica Memorial Hospital. The belongings were retained by Metropolitan Police.

Kirchner, Manolo and the other detectives learned that Verlies was pronounced dead on arrival. His body would then be transferred to police headquarters for autopsy.

SOCIAL HISTORY

Date: ibid.

Verlies visited mental help centers and the University Student Welfare Offices, as well as has been subject to numerous types of abuse. 

FAMILY CONTACT

The siblings and kin in the country were all present for the Commencement Exercises. The parents, who were abroad, were notified by the kin. With regards to the autopsy, the entire family agreed to the autopsy, as long as the body was given back for promession.

List of Property

Jewelry - includes an aluminum ring and a onyx pendant

Clothes - includes pair of shoes, pair of socks, slacks, white undershirt and polo shirt (all of which are part of the prescribed uniform)

Miscellaneous -  includes a sheet of paper with black writing and a piece of chewing gum.

Subsigned,

Jose Kirchner, HCPD

Jose Kirchner, HCPD