delivery girl - [e]

Start from the beginning

"Look, I'm just delivering your pizza. I'm not really looking for a friend," you said simply.

"Me neither, babe," he said with a wink.

You accidentally cracked a small smile, boosting Ethan's confidence.

"$65," you repeated, getting a little impatient.

He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. His fingers grazed across the top until he reached in and pulled out 200 dollars. He handed the bills to you and you looked at him funny.

"I have change if you-"

"You're not holding change, baby. $65 for the pizza and $135 for you. How many hours will that buy?" he asked.

You gasped. He couldn't seriously think you were a-

"Excuse me?" you said, your naturally calm composure keeping you from kicking him where it hurts.

He stood there, not saying a word. Never said he was kidding, never gave an apology. He merely raised his eyebrow as if he was expecting you to just rip your clothes off right there.

"Zero," you hissed, shoving the extra money he gave you into your pocket because you deserved it if anything. "Screw you."

———

The following week Ethan ordered pizzas once again for yet another one of his frat parties but, this time, he left a different request.

"Give me the same girl as last time," the request read.

You were already off delivering other food so, luckily, you were not forced to return to the asshole who called you a prostitute.

Mike was forced to send Jake because it would take too long for you to get back and all the other female workers had left early, likely to attend that very frat party.

When Ethan opened the front door at the sound of the doorbell, he was not happy to see the brown-haired boy instead of you. He angrily took the pizzas and handed them to someone before grabbing Jake by the collar of his shirt.

"My request," Ethan hissed angrily.

"I know, I'm sorry," Jake squeaked, scared out of his pants. "She was already off delivering food and she told me what you said last week so she probably wouldn't have wanted to come here anyway. She's very angry at you."

Ethan let go of the boy forcefully and shoved past him to get outside, ditching his own party to drive to the pizza place himself.

He wouldn't do that for any other girl, but the way you reacted last week told him that there was something different about you. And that intrigued him.

———

You were standing at the register taking orders when you saw Ethan walk through the glass front doors. You pretended you didn't care and started sorting the dollar bills in the register so you looked busy.

Ethan leaned on the counter, causing you to look up, your expression especially pissed off.

"Can I help you?" you asked, closing the register drawer.

"I'd like to complain about my request being denied," he said, the seriousness in his voice intimidating you.

"What request?"

"I requested for you to deliver my food again and instead I got that guy," he said, pointing to Jake, who was now serving a family at a booth.

"How tragic," you said, making Ethan smirk. "I was out delivering pizzas to other people so I'm kinda sorry that I wasn't available to come to your horny need. Plus, I would have refused to show up because of that snarky comment you made last week."