"Hey, uh," Eijirou tried again. "However long this takes, I don't mind, really. It's, uh, actually kinda nice." He cringed. Jeez, did he really just say that out loud? "Not the cuddling. I mean, uh. Not that the cuddling is bad! The cuddling is fine, and, uh, I really need to stop saying the word cuddling. Just. Getting to know you better. And helping you out. It's nice."

God, why?

His ears burned, and he wanted nothing more than to slink into the shadows and hide. He readied himself for a snort, a mumbled 'stop being a fucking weirdo', or maybe a kick to his shin. But instead, Bakugou just kept saying nothing, and dammit that was so much worse! What was he thinking in that head of his? With a frown like that, surely nothing good. And if Bakugou felt the same embarrassment that he did... Oh god, he had to get out of there, he had to escape before the silence swallowed him up whole.

"Um, I don't have clothes here?" he said, moving to stand. "So, I'm gonna go and get ready."

At the words, Bakugou's shoulders tensed up. He raised his head to look at Eijirou, mouth opening like he wanted to say something, and Eijirou couldn't help but hope.

But instead, Bakugou huffed and plopped his chin back on his pillow again, his grip on it tightening, his eyebrows pinched together in a scowl.

"Right," Eijirou deflated. "Well, I'm gonna go. See you in training."

He turned, pocketing his phone and crossing the room only to pause in front of the door.

"Just, you know," he said. "Let me know if you need anything."

"Uh, Kirishima?"

It was rushed, like Bakugou'd had to spit it out before he could lose the nerve. Eijirou paused, hand on the door handle, feeling the slight tug of a smile on his lips. Maybe, just maybe... He schooled his face before looking back over his shoulder.

"Yeah! What's up?"

Bakugou shifted in discomfort, and Eijirou didn't want to jump to conclusions, but...

"... Same thing tonight?" he prompted slowly. Hopefully.

At first, Bakugou gave no reaction, like he hadn't even heard. But then he gave a little shrug, looking away with that adorable pout of his, trying his best to look disinterested.

"Fucking whatever," he said.

A grin spread on Eijirou's face and relief spread in his chest.

"I have some laundry to do after training," he said. "Might even run a couple errands off campus if I can get it approved. But I can head over after dinner or something? Just text me."

Bakugou nodded, and while there was still a stiffness to it, some of the tension had left his shoulders.

Eijirou gave one last smile before closing the door behind him. Then it was just him in an empty corridor.

He let out a shaking breath, stumbling back, leaning against the door, hands reaching up to clutch desperately at his hammering heart.

He was happy, sure. Very happy. He got to hang out with Bakugou again! He hadn't scared the guy off! Hooray! And it was nice, knowing that he was helping.

But none of that explained his overwhelming relief. Without the sleepovers, he'd still see Bakugou. Even before the dormitories, they'd spent some free time together, tutoring and sparring and whatnot. So why did he care so much? Why were his cheeks blazing? Why did his heart feel like it wanted to pound itself out of his chest?

Eijirou took another breath.

He just missed having close friends a whole lot, he reckoned with a decisive nod of his head.