Zuhayr Diary: Special Post

Zubaida in stilettos

Zuhayr Diary entry:

Today was the most complicated day I have ever experienced, and I don't mean work related complicated, I mean the complications that can turn your world upside down!

First I am Zuhayr, and this is my life diary, nothing fancy, just my thoughts and experience. I am not much of a writer, and I wouldn't have started this if it wasn't for my sister who bought me this book. She claims I am too secretive and I should share my feeling with someone and why not myself by writing it down.

She's silly ofcouse, write down how I feel, most ridiculous idea ever! But I got nothing better to do and with the whirl of thoughts running in my head if I don't get it out somehow I would be going mad! Okay let me start from the beginning.

I was 5 years old when Husnaa was born, it was the joyous moment for both my mother and I, but for my dad, it became too much of a inconveniences, for him we take up to much of his time and he couldn't care less. What would you expect from a man who only lives to making deals and staying in till late in his office? My mother tried coping on her own for a while, but it got too much, hardly seeing him and dealing with two young children would be hard on anyone. So she made an ultimatum, her and the kids or his work, and he chose his work, not surprising since he wasn't much of a father.

My mother was brave and taken it in her stride, she loved him, but loved us more and won custody, not that he put much of a fight, he rather just gives a few rands than actually spend time with us. I was young but had to grow up fast, and from that day I had this resentment towards the man who hurt my family.

So when he suddenly appeared at my office, claiming he just wanted to check on us. The audacity after what he done, he came almost 16 years later to check! What does he think of himself?

I didn't entertain him ofcouse, so I just excused myself saying I got a meeting and would be late if I stayed.

After work, I went home to explain we are having supper at Zubaida's house, only to find my mom already got a surprise dinner party for her and some friends, since Zubaida probably made something I couldn't drop her and said I would only be joining. And it was amazing, she's a really good cook.

After dinner we spent some time, seeing how they interacted as a family brought back memories of our failed family, why couldn't he have been a kind man? Why did his work always come first? He doesn't deserve a second chance! I won't go for it!

I would definitely describe this day as one of the confusing ones. Because I found out not only did my father change, he had a family now! He left us and then changed for his other family! I never forgave him for what he did, luckily my mother didn't know he was in town, and I don't want her to either!

Author note:

whoa what do you think, should he forgive or go ahead being angry, let me know?

Tweet @ShyPopz

Instagram: zubaidainstilettos

P.s: please do comment, I love hearing from you guys!