Chapter 22: Dinner

Zubaida in stilettos

Previously

Shuaib get unexpected guests, as Zeenat prepares to meet the family. And Zubaida get tag along

Chapter 22:

Zubaida P.O.V:

Arriving at the Akoo residents, we are warmly greeted by Shuaib mother and sister. Kiss here and there is exchanged. I must say Shuaib mother is stylish, and modern. She is in her own way traditional when it come to the meals. So after all the introductions are done, I couldn't help but notice, Zuhayr distances at this particular time, almost like he wanted to avoid us....

As we all started to take our seats, "Bachuu why you going so far, go sit next to Zeenat, I want to see how your look together, no need to be shy, and you what your name?" she asked Zuhayr, "It Zuhayr ma" answers Shuaib, ""He can speak for himself Bachuu, you Bachuu best friend, not married too?" she asked again, " MA!" said Shuaib, "It cool bro, jee ma I'm not married", " Aahh all these young men, waiting for us to find them wives, I tell you in the old days, boys your age had two kids, ai these younger generation, only want monies and white girls, but not my Bachuu, he good boy, must give your friend tips" she says, at that Zuhayr laughs, it the first time, and it is whimsical. " Ai you right ma, but where we can find nice girls, all so modern, don't know how to make nice round roti's and puree like you" says Zuhayr. I am shocked, he actually getting along with Shuaib granny, thankfully the rest of the supper went without much of hiccups. After cleaning up Zeenat and me went with Shuaib aunty and cousin for a tour of the house, Shuaib mother would've came, but she left doing tea duty.

His parents' house is like mansion, they have 8 bedrooms, 2 lounges and one big dining area and modern day kitchen. They also had maid room, and join next to it was the laundry room. It obvious he came from wealth, but he never over did it. His aunty told us tales of when he was small and how he and noorul-ain used to get into scraps. Noorul-ain seem really nice and we all quickly became friends. "I hope they weren't filling your heads with nonsense about me" said Shuaib, "We just telling the girls about your trip to Londen"says noorul-ain, "whaaat?!"yell both Shuaib and Zuhayr, "Just kidding, chill" she says with smirk, there story there and I know I can count on Zeenat finding out, we both had the secret smirk we share so I knew from Zeenat face she already on it. So Zeenat takes Shuaib away for some "private time" and noorul-ain and aunty Sameera went together leaving me alone with Zuhayr. "So you looking nice tonight" says Zuhayr, "uhm thanks, you don't look so bad yourselves" I said, followed by an uncomfortable silence...." Well uhm so how did your family take it when you told them that thing we did at the wedding was fake", oh god! He decide now to find out, few weeks later, "anger but they understanding" I said, but then I remember my conversation with my team mates and my revenge plan, why not use Zuhayr, I mean his handsome and he know how to keep a distance, plus it would be believable like he said at the wedding, hmm wonder if he will say yes...

Zuhayr P.O.V:

I'm in shit! The minute Zubaida walk through that door, I could almost feel my jaws drop, Absolutely breath-taking, but what is she doing here, I got strange feeling it got to do with Husnaa, he asking to speak to Shuaib should've been red light... Arg I should've rather stayed at home.

I decided to keep my distances, but I kept sneaking glances at her, that when I felt it, Shuaib granny caught me, oh boy I'm in for long night, I love that old woman like my own granny but once she get it in her head, there no stopping her, so when she cause that scene by the table, I just played along, but I got her hint loud and clear, GET YOUR GIRL, what she doesn't know that Zubaida is.... Well I don't know, but she has a point, maybe it time I found someone, no use I'm single, I am not a person who believe in romance, love and fairy tales, it will be like in the old days, arranged.

After supper Shuaib and me went to shoot some pool, "hey man did you notice anything different about noorul-ain?' said Shuaib, " Uhm yeah now that you mentioned it, she seems normal" I said, "Yeah, usually she be on our tails, maybe she grown up at last" said Shuaib, well let's hope so, she is like torn in our side," well let hope it last" and after Shuaib wins, due to the fact I'm distracted, otherwise I would whip his butt. After leaving Shuaib wanted to check on the girls, which lead to me trying to make conversation with Zubaida and the outcome is shocking... "Could you be my pretend boyfriend again, I need it for a revenge plan, please it really important" she utters...how do I answer...

Author note:

Should he or shouldn't he say yes? Well it up to you guys to decide. Comment or tweet it

@ShyPopz

Also editing will be done later

And quick question to my fans: you guys thought's on arrange marriage?

lots of love

Zubaida in stilettos