Chapter 43// Group chat + FaceTime

Start from the beginning

ACCEPTED

Mae - Thera

Hey Thera..

You saw it right?

I did.

When did you see it?

I-

When, Mae?

This morning-

And you didn't tell me? Mae what the hell? Did the others know?

Thera I'm sorry, I told the others not to tell but it's because I wanted you to still have fun and relax with Clara and Sam and not have that on your mind during your show.

Thera looks down, staying silent for a moment.

Why do they do this to me, I can't-

Thera starts crying.

No no baby, don't do this to yourself ok?

Don't even think for a second that it was your fault ok? It was the driver's fault. He didn't stop, he was driving too fast. You couldn't have known.

But I dragged him to that party, I was drunk, I was because he jumped in the middle of the street. I killed him! I-

No Thera! Listen to me! I'll be honest with you : it's not fair, it's hard, it hurts. I know. I know that and as harsh as that my sound life isn't fair, it throws you off, it pushes you back, it fucks you up. But you can't continue feeling guilty for something that wasn't your fault. And I know it's easy to say but you got to move forward, you gotta keep walking, you need to move on.

But I don't want to Mae, it just hurts so much, I can't help it. Every night I think about it, I see him, unconscious in the hospital bed. I don't want to forget him. I should've been there for Elena, she has every right to hate me, hell I hate myself.

Thera has tears streaming down her face, unable to look Mae in the eyes.

Thera, I'm not telling you to forget him. I'm just saying that you need to stop blaming yourself for his death. As for Elena, she has no right to hate you. I'm sorry but she's a bitch for what she did. You also lost someone and she doesn't even see that. You're as affected by this as she is. Maybe you should've talked to her, and I'm not blaming you here, but it was your way of coping.

I just feel like I should've tried harder, I was a cow-

Don't you even say it Thera. You tried, remember? You called, texted her but she decided to ignore your attempts, she blocked you. Plus, you are the strongest person I know.

Yeah right, you're just telling me that to comfort me.

Why would I lie to you? It would be fucked up.

Thera just raises her head to look at Mae.

It's true I mean look at you : you lost someone that you had known for your whole life, your best friend yet here you are, singer of a worldwide known band, on a world tour with a new album. Let's not forget the way you deal with all the haters.

They hate me Mae.

Of course they hate, they're jealous, that's what haters do

No, the fans. I've let them down. I saw all the tweets, they're blaming me, it's gonna affect the band, it's all gonna be my fault-

No no no, don't go down that road. I saw the tweets. Yes there's hate, I can't deny that but have you seen all your fans supporting you? They still love you, Matt and Luke. They understand. Don't just look at the negative tweets Thera. Your fans are there to support you. You have me, your family, the squad. You're not alone Thera. We'll always be there for you.

And don't forget Tom.

Mae wiggles her eyebrows in a suggestive way, making Thera laugh through her tears. But she quickly stops, with a worried look.

What do I do Mae? For the fans I mean.

You need to tell them, explain your point of view, the whole story. Gosh I wish I was there to hug you

Thera sighed.

I guess you're right. I'll do an Instagram live I guess, I need to think about it.

Thank Mae, I love you. But I gotta open my door or Matt will knock it down. And I wish you were there too.

Of course, I'll always be there for you and love you too baby.

End of call

A/N :

AAAAAAAAAH MORE THAN 2000 READS TYSM I LOVE YOU GUYS ❤

I tried to describe the scene but I couldn't do much or it would into a full-on real life chapter 😅 so I hope you guys can imagine the scene a little bit 😊

Song of the chapter : High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco

Charlotte xx