"I'm going to die." she cradled her head in her two palms.  I thought I hated school yet Katie seemed to despise it. She didn't have the attention span to stay seated and quiet.

"You're such a drama queen." I rolled my eyes. "I need to graduate you know."

"You're not as fun as you used to be." She stated as the bell rang around us.

"Fuck off." I flipped her the bird as I began walking to my lesson. I heard Katie's laugh from behind and smiled.

Students bustled around me, but the corridors were wide enough for all of us to leisurely walk to lessons instead of being trampled on. The corridors were also a light shade of red and the floors were covered with a dark wood. It was nice, relaxing even with a corridor full of teenagers.

The only thing getting me through today and probably all of this week was the fact there was only a week left of exams and end of term assignments until we had the summer. I was turning twenty in a few months, I was starting to feel like a proper adult.

I made my way into the classroom and sat down on one of the plastic chairs. They were not at all comfortable.

Luckily, the lessons went by quickly and soon, it was dinner time. I loved dinner time, it was probably the best part of the day.

Katie and Mali were no where to be seen so I made my way outside into the summer air and went over to sit on the benches.  It was a warm day today, the weather had bipolar.

My body stopped as soon as I saw the familiar dark hair swaying in the wind. That familiar muscular body leaning against a big oak tree. He was alone. Something had compelled me to make my way towards him. I don't why, I should have learnt to keep my distance by now.

I made my way over to his body. He had his legs laid out infront of him and his ear plugs plugged into his ears as he listened to music. His eyes were closed and he seemed extremely relaxed. It was weird seeing him so worked up and angry yesterday to seeing him so relaxed now. He looked peaceful and I was almost sorry I had to ruin that.

My heart skipped a beat when his eyes flickered to mine.

"You're blocking the sun." He grunted as I stood there in front of him. I looked down at him.

"You don't need to tan." I stated. He was already tanned enough. He had a warm skin tone, almost olive skinned. It was beautiful really.

"No, but I was warm." He replied. He was dressed in a tight white t shirt and black jeans. He wore converse on his feet, those scruffed up pair he always wore. "What are you doing here?" He asked as he pulled an ear plug out of one of his ears.

"You seemed lonely so I wanted to come and talk to you." I said as I sat down next to him. My knee grazed his, and my heart jumped in reply. 

"I don't need you're company." He stated. "I was fine on my own."

"Stop whining." I replied back. He sighed as he leaned his head back against the tree. He plugged the ear plug back into his ear and grumbled under his breath.

I started twirling a piece of grass through my fingers when the silence became deafening. I really hated silence but I just didn't know what to say to him. It was hard when he made me nervous, intimidated me and made me feel weird things all in one.

"I like being alone, don't you get that?" Xavier suddenly let out. I looked to him yet his eyes were on my hands.

"Yeah." I replied. I knew he liked being alone so why was I here sitting next to him? I was stupid and probably so annoying but I couldn't seem to get the courage to walk away. I didn't want to leave him alone.