37.

Chapter 37.

"Daddy!" I screamed with joy. I was so giddy with excitement, my daddy was swinging me around and around and around.

His eyes were bright with joy, his smile was big and all for me. Daddy loved me, he was always telling me.

"You like that, baby boy?" He chuckled at my eager giggle. He set me down, I moaned until I was in his arms again. "Come on, lets go inside."

"No!" I protested. I liked it out here with daddy, just me and daddy.

"Come on, we've got to go inside, mummy will be looking for us." Before I could protest again, mummy came marching down the steps from the house, she took me away from daddy. She gripped me hard, my body stung from the dig of her nails as she grabbed me.

I tried to reach out to daddy. I wanted daddy.

"No!" I screamed. "No!"

"Stop screaming, you're mine." She pulled me away, I tried to get him, the soul shattering look on his face breaking my heart. No!

I needed him.

I struggled and struggled and struggled. I needed to get out of her grip. I didn't want her. I didn't need her. It was no use. I wasn't strong enough.

I looked down and suddenly my body began to get bigger, my arms were bigger, hairier. I was bigger. I used all my strength to break free.

I made it.

My rage turned to hot blooded fury and I pounded the face in front of me. I pounded until blood was splattering from my knuckles and the face under them. I pounded until I couldn't hear the screams.

Suddenly, the face of my mother wasn't hers, it was Emily's. I screamed.

I had killed her.

"No!" I gasped as I woke up with a sweat. My body was drenched, my heart pounding. I sat up straight gasping for breath, anything to get me to breathe.

Panic gripped me tightly, I heaved before racing to the toilet and emptying the contents of my stomach into the toilet.

I sat on the cold tiled floors for what seemed like hours. Fury hit me. I needed Emily, it had been two days already and she hadn't contacted me.

I kept texting her. I tried reaching out hoping she'd contact me back, anything. I told her I loved her, told her I missed her, needed her, had to have her. How could she do this? How could she put me through this?

I had woken up to these kind of nightmares since that night she left. My mind was a mess and I didn't know what to do. I needed her, I had to have her, needed to know if she still loved me.

I was selfish and fucked up. She didn't have to accept me, but I really fucking wanted her to. I wanted her to love me so strongly she had no choice but to stay, even if it broke her.

I got up from the tiled floor and made my way into the shower quickly. It took ages for the grime and sweat to leave. I was clean on the outside but my head felt so clogged up and I hated myself.

I hated how I had gotten into this mess. Emily deserved better than this.

I stayed in the shower, my head against the tiles until the sun rose. I was too broken to move.

When the courage finally grew, I got out of the shower to chuck on a dark t shirt and sweats. I checked my phone but nothing came up. I threw it on the bad in fury. I needed to know if she was okay, I needed her right now. Why was she leaving me to go out of my mind?