NEW! Ch. 1 My Pain

KATHERINE'S POV

I screwed my eyes shut as I received another blow to my ribs, which I'm pretty sure one or two was already broken. Tears sprung to my eyes as the hits just kept getting harsher, as though they were fueled by hatred.

"Why are you so weak?!" My 'mother' yelled at me, panting as she continued to beat me to a pulp. It was thirty minutes later that she finally stopped hitting me. She's got some stamina. "Pathetic," she sneered at me before beginning to walk away.

"Now clean up the house and make sure it is absolutely spotless, you waste of space. The alpha family is eating dinner here in our house again, filth." When she was finally out of sight, I breathed a sigh of relief.

     I cringed as I shifted from my position on the floor, my muscles and probably broken bones screaming at me to keep still. But I needed to clean up or else I will see the wrath of my mother again...

      Sighing, I got a rag and and a bucket full of water and soap scrubbed the blood off the floor. My blood. At times like this I can't help but wonder what their reason for my suffering was. What did I do to make them hate me so much? I remember when there were actually good times.When I actually felt loved by my mother and my father, but that changed quickly.

      I have an older brother and an older sister, who beats me while my brother just stares with a blank face and ignores my existence altogether. He never participates, but he doesn't show his feelings about it, whether he approves of it or not.

      I swept the floors, then mopped them until they shined, washed and disinfected the bathrooms-which by the way smells worse than h*ll-dusted the areas that needed to be dusted, and tidied up anything and everything that could be cleaned.

    I finished everything by 5 in the afternoon, but my work wasn't done yet. I started making dinner for the Alpha family and my own, moving quickly through the process. The Alpha was John Blue, his Luna being Lizzy Blue. Their eldest son was Xander at 17, the second being Keith at 16, and youngest son was Seth at 16. The two youngest sons were not twins but were born in the same year.  Keith was born in January while Seth was born in December.

   I winced a bit when I moved a bit too quickly. But I ignored the pain because I was running out of time, I had to hurry with this. I'm not allowed to be seen. The Alpha, Luna, and the middle child know of me as their Beta's youngest child, but my family always say that I'm away, staying with our other family members. Yup, they lied, straight to the Alpha and Luna's faces. I don't think my brother approves of luring to the Alpha. Sometimes I like to think that he still cares for me, but then I remember he doesn't. He probably just doesn't want to be disloyal to his Alpha and Luna. But it's nice to think that he does at times.

     When the food was ready, I quickly set up the table with dining ware and the food, rang the bell that signaled that the food was ready and bolted out of there and into the tiny closet in the kitchen that had a small hole that gave me a view of the dining room. I always had a secret space to watch and listen to them during these dinners. I was a curious soul who had questions and no one tells me anything, so of course I had to find a way to know things.

     I kept cringing and wincing in pain quietly while I moved even a tiny bit due to the cuts and bruises that covered my body not being fully healed. But, sometimes it is good to feel pain. It makes me feel alive somehow, it lets me know that I can feel and am an actual person. Not  just a shell of the girl I used to be.

This is my life.

My story.

My strength.

My pain.

^*^*^*^

How was that? I hope you enjoyed my new version of this chapter, I will be taking down the original one soon! Thank you for sticking with me!!!!

Please vote and comment. I'm looking for at least ten votes and five comments. Thanks! Bye.

-MK