Louis knew that if Niall or Anne saw him, they would probably insult him and send him away because of what he did to Harry. But he was ready to be insulted. After all he deserved all the hate.

That was what he thought. Little did he know that none of this was true.

Zayn spoke up once again but much calmly than earlier, "Lou, I don't want you to be hurt by anything that could possibly happen there. I don't want you to suffer and if you go there you would, for sure. So please, drop this idea."

Louis sniffled and let out a small wet chuckle. He walked towards Zayn and said, "Z, I would suffer even more if I don't go and see him. I don't know if I'll be able to see Harry even if I reached the hospital but I want to try. And if Niall or Anne see me, I am ready to take all the insult they throw at me because I deserve it. I deserve all of it. And what is the worse that could happen? That I will see Harry with someone else, right? But this was what I wanted in the first place, Zayn. I wanted Harry to forget me and move on with his life, sing to his heart's content, fall in love and be on the top of the world. I didn't want to hold him back. It would certainly kill me seeing him with a girl but right now these things don't matter to me as much as Harry's well being does. You are right. Maybe I am nothing for him now but he still is so much for me. Please, let me go or else I'll die of worry here." Louis was trying to contain himself but the tears never stopped. The dam of his tears was broken only on hearing about Harry's accident. Imagine his state when he would see Harry.

Zayn sighed. He knew that Louis wouldn't listen to him and seriously understood why. Even after six long years of separation, Louis did not so much as go on a date with anyone. Harry was his true love and Zayn and Liam knew that very well. That's why, when Liam nudged Zayn to let Louis go, he agreed.

Louis thanked him and asked him to look after Ethan while he and Liam went to LA. Liam refused to let Louis go in this state when he was sentimentally high, so he insisted on going with him and after much convincing Louis agreed.

Liam knew a travel agency where he booked the soonest flight to LA which was scheduled for the next day. Liam left Louis' house and went home to do his packing while Zayn decided to stay behind for Louis. He made tea for Louis and checked on Ethan after which he cuddled with Louis on the couch. He had done it several times before.

Ever since he separated himself from Harry, Louis had spent several nights like this; cuddling into Zayn on the couch while crying and snivelling. Zayn never wanted any of this to happen. Six years ago, he had tried his best to convince Louis to stop him from taking this devastating step but eventually, he had to give in to Louis' pleads. He knew absolutely everything Louis felt for Harry, right from the start. He was there for Louis through every step. Whether it was being the first to know about Louis' crush on Harry or being woken up at 2 in the morning because of Louis' relentless calls to tell him that he loves Harry. He was always there. He and .....Andrew. Louis' best friends.

<<FLASHBACK:

It was after the school prom night.

Zayn was taking his beauty sleep in his large bed when his phone started ringing mercilessly. He groaned and put a pillow on his head for blocking the obnoxious sound of the phone ringing. After a full bell the ringing stopped, much to Zayn's relief. But the relief lasted for just a few seconds and the devil phone's ringtone burst into the room once again. The Zayn Malik in high school was known for his princess-like attitude and the 'princess' didn't want his precious sleep disturbed at any cost but this delinquent phone wasn't stopping. Zayn grumbled, "Ugh stop ". But dare the universe if the phone stopped making that vexatious noise.

After three non-stop calls, Zayn gave up and blindly extended his hand towards the bedside table to get his phone, eyes still closed and snores leaving his mouth. After almost hitting the table lamp and the clock, he caught hold of his phone. He brought it to his left ear and responded.