[6] confession

I am back from the shadows
—-

"I like you. Would you go out with me?" Blood rushes to Todoroki's cheeks as he says that sentence to Midoriya. Kirishima looks at Midoriya, a small smirk on his face.

"Well?" He asks him, "would you say yes?"

Midoriya smiles, "Sure!"

"Well I wouldn't! Not with a confession like that!" Kirishima places a hand on Todorokis shoulder, "If you want to confess to (y/n)-san, then you have to do better than that."

Todoroki sighs and covers his face with his hands. Earlier he asked Midoriya for love advice and Kirishima just so happened to overhear. Now here they are, Midoriya acting as you while Kirishima guides Todoroki.

"Well what am I supposed to say?" Todoroki asks Kirishima, "I was honest!"

"More passion! Why do you love her! Girls love that type of stuff! Manliness Todoroki! Stand up. Back straight. Look her in the eye. Tell her exactly how you feel! Don't forget flowers! Try it on Midoriya right now."

Todoroki stood up. His back straight, staring directly at Midoriya's eyes.

Tell her exactly how you feel.

Todoroki takes a deep breath, "Ever since we've studied together my whole life has change. Never in my life have I been excited to see someone everyday. I would count down to when those studying hours will start. I'm sorry that I sound creepy but I couldn't help it. I loved spending time with you. I love hearing you laugh and us fighting over math problems. I love it when you will serve me apples cut into bunnies. I like you a lot, basically. Do you want to go on a date?"

Midoriya stares at Todoroki, speechless. His face like a tomato, eyes frantically searching the room. Even he was a bit flustered. Kirishima stood there, mouth open. Todoroki saw some tears in us eyes. You stood there, mouth wide open-

Wait.

"Woah." A voice said. Todoroki turned around, it WAS you.

"S-sorry. Am I interrupting?" You ask, pretty embarrassed.

"Uh..." Todoroki face turned red, even redder than Midoriya. Kirishima mouth was still wide open. Eye looking back and forth between you and Todoroki.

"I'll leave, you can go...continue." Awkwardly, you left the room.

—-

Disappointed.

All you felt was disappointed. Not about who Todoroki likes, he can like whoever he likes, you were disappointed in yourself. How did you not know that Todoroki was gay? Why didn't you seen it sooner? What made things worst was you had feelings for the Icyhot.

Earlier you decided to go to the kitchen. You were training outside on a hot day and eating or drinking something cool sounded amazing. You grab a popsicle from the freezer and also thought that Todoroki could also cool you down a bit since he has an ice quirk. You heard some chatting in the common room and decided that maybe Todoroki was in there. Todoroki was in there alright, confessing his feelings to Midoriya.

The popsicle started to melt in your hand as job head back to your room. You forgot that you even had it, you were too distracted over Todoroki's confession. You toss it in the trash, your appetite lost. After washing your hands you lay down on your bed, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Wow." You chuckle while staring at the ceiling.

—-

"DUDE WHAT WAS THAT?!" Kirishima screamed. After you left Todoroki just stood there with his mouth open. Midoriya is still a red mess.

"Oi Midoriya, snap out of it! It wasn't for you!" Kirishima snapped his fingers in front of Midoriya eyes.

"Huh what?" Midoriya came back to life, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"Well?" Kirishima asked Todoroki.

"...well?" Todoroki asked confused.

"CHASE AFTER HER DUMB FUCK!" Kirishima screamed. Todoroki blinked, finally snapping out of it.

"Right, (y/n)-san. Confession. I like her. Right. Manliness. Eye contact. Right." Todoroki walks to your to your room.

"Go Get em tiger!" Kirishima cheers.

"Hmm, I say he's a house cat." Midoriya says.

"Oh shut it tomato."

—-

You hear a knock at your door, probably Todoroki.

"Can I come in?" Yup, that's Todorokis voice.

"No." You answer.

"Please?"

"You can't."

"Why not?"

"I'm- uh, naked." Of course that was the first thing that came to your head.

"Then put some clothes on. I'll wait till your done."

"Fucking hell Todoroki." You roll your eyes and go to open your door. Todoroki stood there, a faint blush across his face.

"May I help you?" You ask him.

"I'm sorry." He responds. You raise a eyebrow.

"Sorry?" You ask confused.

"That wasn't for Midoriya."

"Your confession? So you're not gay. Or are you bisexual?"

"I'm- listen!" The blush darkens. Todoroki looks at you. It was weird for you. You usually see him as the cold, strongest kid in the class who always has a straight face. Now he's a blushing mess, his mouth curling up. His hands fidgeting. Now he looks, well, like a embarrassed teenagers.

Todoroki takes a deep breath, "Ever since we've studied together my whole life has change. Never in my life have I been excited to see someone everyday. I would count down to when those studying hours will start. I'm sorry that I sound creepy but I couldn't help it. I loved spending time with you. I love hearing you laugh and us fighting over math problems. I love it when you will serve me apples cut into bunnies. I like you a lot, basically. Do you want to go on a date?"

You stood there smiling at him, you've been waiting for those words ever since you developed a crush on him.

"Yes Todoroki."

"WAIT TODOROKI!" A voice calls down the hall, "YOU FORGOT THE FLOWERS!"