Chapter 2 : Curious

Lisa's POV.

I flinched when I felt a cup of hot chocolate touched my arm. "Hey, you're spacing out." Rosé said and sat down on my side. "Thanks." I faintly mumbled and took a sip. "What are you thinking?"

I looked outside and watched how the trees were dancing with the wind. "Just... life, in general." I shrugged. "Woah, Lisa Manoban's finally thinking about her life?" I gently slapped her arm and earned a fine laugh from her. "I realized, we aren't high schoolers anymore. It kind of feels as if a weight has been placed on my shoulders. I can't be as playful and carefree as I was. And so, I'm contemplating, whether to take photography or business management. You know, I'd be handling my parents' business one way or another." I confessed.

She stayed quiet for a while and happily sipped on her mango shake. We're currently at our favorite café, waiting for the others. It's about the enrollment, we gotta do it today. But it's cold and Chaeng's having a shake? I don't understand this person. "Just follow what you love," She said after a while. "For sure your parents would be supportive of whatever that might be."

Rosé's words will always be encouraging, no matter what the situation is. "Yeah, thanks."

I felt Chaeng shaking my shoulders after a minute. "Oh, by the way. What about Jennie?" I tried to shrug her hands off and asked "What about her?"

"Oh come on! Didn't you invite her? Or asked her if she wanted to come with us and enroll together?" I looked away. "Oh my God, Lisa! I can't believe you didn't!" Her eyes screamed horror. I cringed and face palmed in frustration. Why does she have to remind me 'bout that? "Look, it's not like I didn't bother to try asking her to join us at all, but it's been months and she wouldn't even say a single word to me! How is that going to be possible?!"

"Still, Lisa! You should still have tried to talk to her and get a nod or what!" I groaned. "Then you should've done that the last time over dinner instead!" She huffed and looked as if she was trying to keep her cool or she would end up choking me to death. "She's your cousin, for the love of God, Lisa!"

"Can you please stop mentioning that she's my cousin?"

"I thought you were already okay with that!"

Again, I looked away. I'm afraid that if I continue to look at her, she'll see the truth in them. It's been two months since Jennie's arrival, and I have figured out that the word "cousins" annoys me more than anything else. And what Chaeng said is not the reason, in all honesty. It's not because I'm afraid she'd steal my parents' attention anymore. It's way... beyond that. I hate that we are cousins, I hate hearing that she's my cousin, I just hate that fact and I don't even know why, okay?!

She isn't even, obese, as I was fearing. Jesus, she's as sexy as hell! She isn't ugly either, God knows how that face was the most perfect one I have ever laid my eyes on. But I hate it. Why did she have to be my cousin, for crying out loud?!

"Look. We've met Jennie countless times too, whenever your parents invite us over. She might be as cold as ice but she looks too innocent to be left alone!" I sarcastically snort. "So what are you implying?" Rosé suddenly kicked my leg. "Ouch, Chaeng! What was that for?!"

"Get your dumb ass off of that chair and fetch your cousin! I'll explain to the airheads." She ordered. I gave her a very obvious "Are you serious?" look, and hell, she's very serious.