Chapter 50: Breakdown

Start from the beginning

I ran the bath water until it got to the top.

"Baths ready for you," I said from the doorway.

"Help me up," He said dramatically.

"Come on big boy," I grunted, pulling him.

We walked into the bathroom, where I began to unbutton is shirt and taking off his jacket.

I helped him out of his pants and underwear and into the bath tub.

"Hey, just holler if you need anything, okay?" I said from the doorway.

"Okay, Love you," He said

"Love you to, I'll be downstairs with Sofie," I said

I walked downstairs to find Sofie in the same position I had her in just a few minutes ago.

"Sorry I had to leave, baby. Daddy just had a rough day, and when someone has a bad day, you help them, okay? I know you can't understand me, but at least your listening," I said, picking her up and kissing her.

"Mommy loves you so much. I'm so glad I found you that night, or I wouldn't be holding such a beautiful baby girl in my arms, I miss my other baby who didn't get to see this earth, but at least I have a handsome, kind, funny man in my life, and a beautiful baby girl to go with it. That's all I've ever wanted," I said, holding her close to me.

Sofie and I sat on the couch for a while and watched some kids cartoons, and Michael still wasn't out of the bathroom, I started to worry about him.

30 minutes later.

Okay, Michael STILL isn't out, I'm starting to worry!

Another 20 minutes later

Michael's been in the bath for a bit longer than an hour, this is NOT okay.

Another 15 minutes later

Okay, I'm done with this.

I take Sofie in my arms and walk upstairs and put her in her crib.

I kissed her soft head quickly, and run to our bedroom.

"Michael, michael?" I call from the hallway.

I make my way into the bedroom, and it was the same as I'd left it.

I slowly walk to the bathroom door, almost like it's a horror movie.

The door was cracked open, and from behind the door I could hear what sounded like little pieces of..... something hitting the floor.

I open the door to see Michael, with only a towel on, sitting on a stool, leaned over the counter, with a bottle of pills in his hand, looking TOTALLY out of it.

"MICHAEL WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I yell, slapping the pill bottle out of his hand.

"NO SHELBY STOP! THEY KEEP ME SANE!" He cried, real tears streaming down his face.

"Michael, what are you doing?" I ask him again, taking both of his hands in mine, as he continued to cry harder.

"I-I just can't t-take it some t-times! I just want to be done with touring and having to put out an album! And all of this shit, I just want it to me over!" He said, falling into my chest.

"Is this why you overworked yourself today?" I asked, rubbing his back.

"Y-yeah," He cried.

"Michael, look at me. I don't want you taking anymore pills, okay? I don't care what they are, don't take Em. I need you here, not off in some other world in your head. You have a fiancé and a daughter who both love you very much and need you, Michael. I will always be here for you, no matter what the media thinks of you or how much success you have in the years to come, Okay?" I said, now crying myself.

"Okay....." He said quietly.

"I-I'm s-Sorry," He stuttered.

"Nothing to be sorry about anything, Okay?" I said, pulling him back into my chest, and running my hands through his hair.

"I love you so much," he cried

"I love you to," I said

What a night.......