dancing

Merida's POV

This is too fancy. There's fancy people, fancy decorations, fancy food. Why can't there just be chicken nuggets?

"Merida, may I have this dance?" I heard Hiccup ask

"Nah bro, why can't we just sit here and watch other people dance?" I dont know how to dance, I never knew how.

"Please?" He begged

"Can't we just sit and watch?" I ask

I don't want him to be upset. But I don't know how to dance. No one has really asked me to dance. I guess I give off the 'touch me and you're dead' vibes.

Then a slow song started to play. Just my luck. I can't dance in partners, I'll end up stepping on Hiccup's feet.

"Let's dance" he said as he dragged me to dance with him.

I can't do this, I can't dance. I'm going to make a fool of myself and then he's not going to want to be with me anymore.

He placed his hands on my hips and I felt my face turn red of embarrassment. I looked at him, and he smiled at me. But I feel nothing but panic.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this" I ran off.

I can't do this.

I just ran, I don't know where I'm going, I just know I can't face him right now.

I ended up outside. It was night. There were some flowers that were glowing in various colors, purple, red, blue, pink orange and many more. Vines that wrapped themselves onto trees glowed an emerald color. There were many stars up in the sky, more than I've ever seen. There was a slight breeze that went through my hair. This place looked enchanted.

I heard an owl in the distance. Creatures that looked like dragonflies flew around me, one landing on my nose.

I felt something bump against my leg. I look down and there was a creature that looked like a bunny mixed with a fox. It had the body of a bunny, but the fur looked like those of a fox. The  creature had the tail of a fox. The ears were long like a rabits, but came to a slight point at the end. And the front paws looked like the paws of a fox and the back paws looked like the paws of a bunny.

I sat down on the ground, leaning my back against a tree, stroking the fox-bunny creature for a few minutes before it went back to wherever it came.

There were few flowers around the base of the tree. I picked one up, the petals were an emerald green with red streaks on it. It looked beautiful.

The green petals have the same color as Hiccup's eyes.

I ran away from him because I didn't know how to dance.

I'm an idiot.

What will he think of me now?

Will he still want to be with me?

Of course not, he's probably not even looking for me. He's probably with another girl, one that can actually dance.

I close my eyes, surprised that tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Who would've thought tough girl would be crying cause she can't dance?" I laughed bitterly.

I just want to go home, this night has been a disaster.

"Merida!" Someone yelled

I don't want to see anyone right now.

I began climbing the tree, in case who ever is looking for me comes my way.

I'm soon about 25 feet off the ground since the tree was easy to climb for me.

"Merida!" The voice yelled

This tree is quite comfortable.

"Where are you?!"

I could probably sleep here.

"Merida please!"

I am tired, I could sleep here a bit. No one will really notice me up here. The leaves offer protection from people down below looking up.

"I'm sorry"

That's the last thing I heard before drifting off to sleep.