Chapter Three

A/N: Please vote and/or comment at the end, if you like this even slightly so I know I'm on the right track. All feedback and advice on pretty much anything is lovely and wonderful, so basically please respond! :)

Meanwhile back at the station, Hotchner and Morgan were busy speaking with Detective Brenner.

“The parents came in crying, we weren’t sure what was going on. It was hard to speak to them, plus the mother was sort of, well, for lack of better word hostile. You could sense that there was some sort of hatred towards Meredith.” Detective Brenner explained.

He, Agent Hotchner and Agent Morgan were busy speaking about the case in the lead detective’s office.

“We need to start organising a profile, Agent Prentiss is working on that. We should have a working one soon. Was there any witnesses to the scene? I mean either of them; the abduction or the drop off,” Morgan questioned.

The detective replied instantly,“there wasn’t for the abduction, nobody really noticed anything. At the drop off, one of the neighbours saw a car stop in front of the McDaniels during the day. She said it was weird because during the day, all of the family was out and there was no reason for anyone to ever go to their house during the day. She mentioned that she had to answer a phone call so she missed seeing the rest of the drop off.”

Morgan nodded his head as if he already knew that would be the answer, but Hotchner just ignored him.

“We’ll need to speak to the witness as soon as possible. At the moment, that’s all we can do.” Hotchner replied.

Detective Brenner sighed and felt an ache at the lack of things that they could do. He felt for this family and longed to be arresting the unsub as soon as he humanly could. Unfortunately a break came through.

Her body was contorted into a pose. With a hand on her hip, and the other under her chin, Rihanna Evan’s body was the next in the series of murders that had come from the ‘Pretty Killer’. The murderer was dubbed that after one news reporter idiotically published a report on the deaths. Detective Brenner cringed and rubbed his closed eyes as he saw the report on the tv.

“Why were we not told about this?” Agent Morgan yelled.

“I have no idea, I did not even know about this.” Detective Brenner said half-heartedly.

Morgan paced backwards and forwards as he desperately tried to calm himself down. Garcia sat shocked as she watched the same footage from the comfort of her office. Prentiss stood staring at JJ with desperation as Agent Jareau made the call to the reporter to discuss the matter. Rossi and Reid stood in silent, desperately focusing on all the information that the team had just collaborated.

When JJ returned, she turned to look at all the team. “I just spoke to the reporter, the body is on the Evan’s lawn. The address is 34 Timer Lane. The only reason they knew about it is because they were coming back from on site filming and saw the body."

The perfectly cut grass, sat picturesque with the blood stained body soaking the ground. The young girl's hands were held in place by expansive and special fishing wire. The bruises on her face were already turning purple. Her eyes stared ahead I'm a ghastly reflection of who the girl probably used to be. The girl's mother stood to the side crying. Her sobs were almost eerie in the furious bindle of noises. The victim's sister clung to the ground, begging for her sister to come back. The stepfather clung to a police officer, emotions running wild. If there had been a photo taken of the family, it could never shown the anguish they were feeling.

When the BAU decided to examine the crime scene, the family were escorted away.

"Another daughter, do you think it has something to do with the sisters? This is the second sister that he's taken who is less appealing. I think it has something to do with the victim being underrated, maybe because she is compared to the other sister." Rossi stated giving his opinion.