Chapter Eight

Authors Note:

Hi guys! Just a quick note to say another big Thankyou for your continuous support surrounding "His Other Half". Your constant comments and messages to me are what keeps me going and motivated! You can look forward to more frequent updates from now on.

Holly.
-

Charles had never questioned his sexual orientation before. While he had never had a girlfriend before. He never had a boyfriend before either. But none of that bothered him. He didn't like people. He accepted he was going to be alone on his farm for the rest of his day, and the thought made him content and happy. Until. Him.

Him. Jasper. Never had Charles' heart thumped so obnoxiously loud and deep before. But he didn't care. He felt nothing but patience for the beautiful man seated beside him at Mary's dining table. Charles couldn't keep his eyes off him. He was simply beautiful and he wanted nothing more then to cradle the innocent man in his arms every night to sleep, after spending hours making love to him.

With the sudden change of thoughts his mind took, he shifted awkwardly in his seat as he noticed since he woke with the little beauty curled ontop of his lap, all of his blood had seemed to drain South. Producing quite a hard problem that Charles would have to deal with at a later time with a cold shower.

To distract Charles on the way his mind quickly turned, he cleared his throat, and leaned over, cutting Jaspers food up into small manageable size pieces. He did take notice of the way when Jake dished up his plate. The small beauty made sure none of his food was touching the other. He let his meat seperate from his Roast Potatoes, and seperate again from his steamed veggies. Whole most people in Jaspers life had criticised him and ridiculed him for his way of doing things, Charles could only sit back and watch on in adoration at the younger man.

Jasper was very aware of the smouldering brown eyes watching every move his delicate hands made on his fork to eat his lunch. While most people would be deterred and dislike being watched. Jasper couldn't help but blush. Again. Charles eyes were comforting to him. He felt himself relax against his seat.

"So Charles, Mary and I are getting old son. We know we aren't going to be around forever, and with the way my body is getting older every day I'm not going to be able to sort your finances out anymore mate"

Jim's words brought Charles out of his thoughts and realisation dawned on him that he would have to venture into town to hire an office assistant to help with that side of the farm. He rubbed a warm calloused hand over his face from the anxiety he felt building up just by the thought of having to do that.

Jasper felt like crying watching the tough man in front of him being reduced to an anxious and fearful mess. So without even thinking, Jasper reached forward with his dainty, pale hand and cupped Charles right cheek with a delicacy Charles didn't even know existed.

"It's okay Charlie"

Charlie. No one had ever called him Charlie and hearing those words and feeling the soft fingers caressing his cheek, Charles took a deep breath and gripped Jaspers hands in his own, and brought them to his lips placing a row of gentle kisses along Jaspers fingers.

"Thankyou Sweetheart. I needed that"

Charles never let go of Jaspers hands after he said those words. But that's okay. Jasper never wanted him to let go. He could get very use to the feel of Charles skin on his.

"No need to stress yourself out boy. I've actually found a replacement. One that I think will do a better job then i ever could"

Jims words made Charles look to him in confusion and doubt. He didn't want just anybody dealing with such an important side to the farm, and he especially isn't wanting any interruptions now that he has his delicate Angel to occupy his time and thoughts.
Jims chuckle brought Charles out of his thoughts.

"Calm down boy, and give me some credit! I wouldn't do that to you. I need to show him the ropes anyway. But say hello to your new accountant. Jasper"

-