Chapter 1: Partner?

--Reader's POV--

"I'd like a five paragraph essay on your favorite story genre!" Mr.maître called out to the beyond board classroom, "Make it entertaining. I don't want to read 47 different papers on the same genre, re-stating the same facts over and over."

You rolled your (e/c) eyes slowly in the direction of your best friend Catherine. She giggled in response, muffling it with her hand as to not draw the attention of your boring, french, english teacher.

"Cat!" You whisper yelled, "I'm so board!"

"I can tell!" She responded, smiling, "Hey, do you wanna come over to my house after-"

"Ms.Catherine Dona, Ms.(y/n) (y/ln). Care to share what your whispering about back there?" Mr.maître called from the front of the room, his eyes shining with anger.

You froze, your cheeks burning as the entire class turned towards you and your best friend who just rolled her eyes and stared back at the teacher.

"Just wondering if this is going to be a partner project sir. I mean," She began with a smug grin, "it only makes sense since you'll have to grade less papers."

You smiled sweetly and nodded at your friend as if to say 'Thanks for saving my ass!'.

"Well it's-" He started, fumbling with something on his desk, "It is a partner project. Find a partner since I don't have assigned partners set up!"

Catherine pointed at you and you grabbed her hand with a smile.

"Partners?"

"Yah!" She cheered.

"That's weird though. He usually has his partner sheet with him." Your friend Jonathan said, turning to look at you, his brown hair flipping in his green eyes. Your other male friend walked over, leaning on your desk.

"You mean this?" Sam smiled, holding up the partner assignment. You reached over and ruffled his hair.

"Idiot."