Day 2: Masquerade-Themed Club

The lingerie store was our last stop, since we spent almost an hour in there. Xayah took a long time deciding on the items she should buy, but most of the time was spent on Cass and Xayah convincing me to buy some too.

Cass managed to persuade me because she threatened to tell Garen that I still liked him. It was an overused blackmail idea, but it always worked.

So in the end, I spent about forty minutes sitting outside of the change room, waiting and letting Xayah and Cass take my size and shop for me. After they took my purse to pay for me at the counter, we left the store with a new bag in a happy Xayah's hand, and a new bag in mine too, filled with surprises that I hoped would be pleasant.

"So I received a message from Rakan earlier that there was a masquerade-themed dance at a famous club tonight," Xayah said when we took a break and sat down in a cafe, "are you guys interested?"

"I can't exactly dance," Cass replied, laughing.

"True," Xayah said, "What about you, Kat?"

"I think I'll go, unless Cass you have other plans," I replied, then looked at my sister, who shook her head.

"I think I'll go too. Do you want to pick out an outfit and go together? Talon and Rakan said they're picking theirs right now," Xayah said dreamily, probably imagining how cute her boyfriend looked like in a suit.

"Sure," I replied, shrugging. I wasn't an expert at picking dresses, so I guessed it would be good if Xayah helped me. In fact, I had never spent a significant amount of time dressing up for events at bars and clubs.

"Make sure you pick something that's not black!" Cass reminded me.

"You're supposed to wear black to a club," I said, rolling my eyes.

"No, not to this one," Xayah said, grinning, "We're going to an Ionian club. We passed it earlier, the glass building, if you remember."

"That one? That's fancy!" I exclaimed. The club, called Glass Shards, was a famous club known across Runeterra. The owner was an old Ionian man, who had the fabulous idea of creating a five-floor club with indoor gardens and waterfalls. He maintained the plants and Ionian animals with powerful magic.

Our afternoon tea set arrived then, and the three of us ate it slowly while I listened to Cass and Xayah discuss the types of dress I should wear. It seemed that Xayah had already decided on a tight, eggplant purple dress she saw earlier, and it seemed that they were debating on whether I should wear dark green or purple sheer. 

"Why does it have to be sheer?" I asked them.

"The theme is 'masquerade' and 'Ionia', and when I think about Ionia, I think about translucent fabric like sheer and flowing fabric like silk," Xayah explained.

The two of them continued to discuss when we finished the food, paid, and left the cafe. However, they couldn't arrive at a mutual solution, so in the end they wanted me to pick what I wanted.

"I'll just pick a dress at the store with the dress Xayah wants," I concluded.

With that said, Cass said goodbye and left, while I followed Xayah to the dress store she saw earlier.

"I know you probably have enough black dresses, but there's one I saw earlier that I think you should definitely wear for tonight," Xayah said as we finally reached the store after fifteen minutes of walking.

"I like black," I told her as we walked through the store to find the dress Xayah saw earlier.

With her sharp shopping sixth sense, we found her tight, thigh-length dress in no time. She tried it on quickly, and I gave her my stamp of approval right away. It was a strapless dress with its bottom wrapped with an extra layer of flowing sheer.