Chapter 25: The Silver Lining

Start from the beginning

"Miss me", he asked as our lips met. A simple yes wouldn't suffice, my heart raced every time we even touched. He was my slice of heaven and I was his. Damien was my silver lining to all this and I was his. 

"So you enjoying the party", he said keeping me close. 

"No, how about a little heads up next time. I hate surprises", I said smacking his shoulder. 

"Hey I didn't know, you dad keeps me out of the loop. He hates my guts, remember and I would too if a guy ever put my daughter through that." 

"Who cares if he hates you because I love you." 

"I love you too", he said kissing me. Suddenly my dad's approval didn't matter to him. 

"Then let's go enjoy the party together", I said taking him by the hand and leading him out. 

"Or we could stay here and talk", he said pulling me to him. 

"We never just talk in a bedroom and you know that", I said trying to wiggle away. 

"We do so talk. After the sex, but we talk." 

"Don't say it so loud. My dad is right downstairs", I said. 

"Oh I'm loud, how about you. You madam are a screamer. Don't get me wrong I like it", he said trailing kisses down my neck. Okay now I'm blushing. 

"We can't do this", I said trying yo stay in control of my hormones which failed terribly when a moan managed to escape my lips. 

"Well not with our clothes on", Damien teased. Before I knew it he had me up against the wall shirtless. 

I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck and me legs around his waist as he carried me over to the bed. We continued to kiss as he slowly took off whatever clothes were left on the both us. He was always so gentle it came to undressing me. He's always been cautious like he was afraid to hurt me. I remember the first we slept together after I got home from the hospital. I actually had to convince him, he was so afraid my stitches were going to come undone or I would regret everything, but I was used to getting what wanted after my incident and, like now, I wanted Damien. 

"Do you think they're missing you down there", Damien asked as we lied there holding each other. 

"Doubt it", I said. 

"Good because I don't like sharing", he said kissing the top of my head. 

Suddenly Cynthia barged holding nail polishes with Rachel and Ms. Bredahoft right behind her,"We thought you needed girl time...oh", she said dropping them. Damien and I immediately let go of each other and sat up. 

"Well look who took the leadership role", Ms. Bredahoft said moving to the side to get a better look. The whole being naked wasn't helping my case or Damien's. There was only so much a bed sheet could hide. 

"I really hope you two used protection or else it's back to the hospital in nine months. God Nicole you can't stay away", Rachel teased. 

"We done here", I finally said. 

"We are but by the looks of Damien he's not", Ms. Bredahoft said pointing at the little tent that had formed. Cynthia and Rachel burst out laughing as Damien grabbed a pillow and coveted up not before he turned all red. 

"Okay time for all of you to go", I said pointing at the door. They laughed the whole way out. 

"By the looks of that tent, you guys are probably going to be long, right", Cynthia said popping her head in, "oh never mind it's gone, bummer. Sorry if we ruined the mood." I grabbed a pillow and threw it at her, but I missed since she saw it coming and quickly left.