Chapter 14: Bad News

Author's Note: Here is the rest chapter. I hope it didn't take as longs as the last two. I only had like two paragraphs and I was able to finish it in like 3 hours. I think my writers block is gone. I'm already working on the next chapter.

----------------------------------------------------

I don't know how I go here, but I was in a park. I saw my dad and ran up to him feeling relieved to see him. When he turned around I noticed he looked so much younger. I tried to get his attention, but I seemed to be invisible. I began to yell at him desperate for some type of reaction and his attention.

"There's my wife and beautiful daughter", he said to a woman walking up to him. I thought it was Kate and Angela. Had he really forgotten about me and made Angela his only daughter.

"Dad, I'm right here. Why can't you see me", I scram. I turned to the woman ready to confront her and Angela for stealing my dad away from me. I was taken back by what I saw. It wasn't Kate with Angela, but a woman who I don't remember with a small girl. Her daughter looked like me when I was two. She handed her, or me, to my dad.

"Oh I forgot her favorite teddy in the car. I'll go back to the car and get it", she said to my dad. As she walked over to the other side of the parking lot a truck was coming at full speed. Dad had his back turned, but two year old me was facing the woman. I tried to scream and warn her, but my screams went unheard. I closed my eyes and turned my head, to avoid looking at the inevitable, the woman getting hit. Even though my eyes were closed I could still see a clear image of what just happened. As young me bust into tear, my dad turned around and ran to the woman's aid.

"Nooooo", I scram with tears in my eyes.

"Honey what's wrong", my dad said.

"She's awake; I'll go get the doctor." I heard a woman say as she left the room.

"The woman she got hit and...and", I noticed I wasn't in the park anymore.

"It was just a dream", he responded. I looked around; I was in what looked like a hospital room.

"Why am I here?"

"Don't you remember what happened", he answered. Suddenly it hit me, Angela threw me.

"She's the reason I'm here", I said looking at Angela who was waiting right outside. My dad could sense I was angry, so he tried to calm me down.

"Angela feels really bad. I'm sure if you two talk it out everything will clear up."

"I have nothing to say to her and I don't want to hear what she wants to say", I said crossing laying back down in my bed. Just then the doctor walked in with one of the nurses.

"How's she doing", he asked my dad.

"Well her attitude is back so I'm gonna say fine", my dad responded.

"Good, now I need to ask Jade a few question in privacy."

"I don't see why I need to leave", my dad responded.

"Dad I'll be fine, now go", I told him. My dad walked out and the doctor closed the door. I could see my dad was standing by the door.

"I'm Dr. Peterson and this is Rachelle your nurse by the way. Now Jade, you got a pretty bad cut on your abdomen. We were able to stitch it up without any complications."

"Does that mean I can go home today", I asked hoping for a yes.

"Well you lost a lot of blood, so I wanna keep you here for observation a couple of days", he responded.