06 | Popcorn and Horror

Start from the beginning

Fuck, they came home early.

Horrified, I slowly turn around and see them standing there -- all nine, looking perfectly perfect -- wheezing for air.

"Well this is an interesting sigh.." Baekhyun smirks at me, still laughing while his face becoming red from the loss of oxygen.

"Why are you home earlier?!" I exclaim in exasperation, covering my burning cheeks with my hands.

After a good long embarrassing while, they finally stop laughing and proceeds to regain control over their breathing instead.

"The question is, why are you playing BTS music in our home?" Chanyeol asks, emphasizing the word 'our', while raising his eyebrows. I feel ashamed. Of course I didn't think it was a good idea from the beginning, but who would've thought they'd actually come home in time?

I bow in front of them all. "I'm so sorry. It won't happen again." I excuse, with honesty and regret in my voice.

"We're just kidding! You can listen to whatever you want. We're sorry we just walked into this... scene," Suho says with a smile, then starts chuckling when he replays the scene in his head. I sigh in relief, but eventually start laughing along with them.

"Feel free to bully me more about my dancing skills, but I've actually made food that is best to eat fresh. So hurry up and take a place around the table!" I say as I scoff them to the dining table. They all obediently sit down while I'm fetching the bowls and cookware containing the food.

"I'll help you with this one, it looks heavy." I suddenly hear Chen say to me with a calm voice, along with a cutely crooked smile. I almost melt right then and there, and I almost even dropped the heavy pot on the floor. But I quickly regain my senses and smil, letting him take pot from my hands.

"Thank you," I mumble thankfully with a shy smile as his hands brush against mine. And there they were again. Sparks, like small jolts of electricity igniting through my skin into my bones when our skins touch.

Why am I feeling this way?

It's almost as he felt it too, because he was staring at his hands before averting his gaze to meet mine. And we just stood like that for a short while; looking into each other's eyes, trying to find a sign if one actually felt the same thing as the other. But we quickly break our stare and Chen clears his throat while I search for something else to put on the table. My cheeks are flaming. Goddamn this is embarrassing.

"Where do you want me to put this?" Chen asks a little nervously.

"Just put it in the middle of the table," I reply with a smile. He shyly smiles back before nodding quickly and walk back to the table.

Holy cow. How was I supposed to survive these three months without getting a heart-attack? I quickly try to calm myself down as I place the last pots and bowls on the table and finally sit down on a chair which they had saved for me, between Sehun and Chanyeol.

I have to admit that the food smells amazing. All the guys are glaring at the food with wide eyes, looking like wolves stalking a prey.

"So there's a little bit of everything, so just grab what you feel like. Hope it will taste good!" I explain happily. Then we all start grabbing the food and eat in bliss.