03

seungmin was uncomfortable.

it definitely didn't feel like his bed at home, and when he shuffled a bit to get comfortable he knew something was off. but he was so tired. it was like his eyes were glued shut and all he wanted to do was drift back to sleep. but the subtle ticklish feeling on his ankles made him too disorientated to comfortably fall back asleep.

reluctantly the boy opened his eyes, greeted by the harsh sunlight. he whined softly and closed his eyes again. seungmin wanted to stuff his face in his pillow to block out the light but when he did so he landed on something hard and his eyes immediately snapped open. his vision was clouded by dull grass and he brutally pushed himself off the ground. he was in a grass field, notably not where he fell asleep. frantically he looked around but as far as his eyes stretched it was only green bumps, no sign of houses or even trees.

seungmin hastily scrambled to his feet, nearly tripping with his own fast movements. the moment he was on his feet he knew it would've probably been smarter if he had waited a bit. dark spots clouded his eyes and the light headiness made his legs weak, but he managed to stay up right. after a second of nearly blacking out he frowned, trying to think rationally. the boy took another look around the field, this time slower and taking in the details.

still, just a grass field. seungmin didn't think that he would suddenly be back home if he calmed himself down, but it was worth a try. what he hadn't noticed in his rush were eight other boys who were sprawled out on the ground in seemingly uncomfortable positions. he held his breath instinctively. none of the boys were wearing blue. the last time he had seen people of other factions was at his choosing ceremony. but after waiting for something to happen, and nothing happening, he cautiously relaxed. the other boys seemed to be passed out.

carefully, the erudite boy walked over to the closest unconscious body. he squatted next to the boy dressed in a white button up shirt and an uncomfortable-looking, black dressing pants. 'obliviously, candor' seungmin thought to himself. although the white top was wrinkled at the sleeves and upper body and almost pulled out of the boy's pants. 'it looks like he got dragged' he observed to himself before his eyes travelled to the boy's face. 'oh my god he's hot.' seungmin noted, taken aback as he took in the boy's face. his skin was milky white, but had a nice tan sheen against his pearly white shirt, no break outs could be spotted and the only mole was one close to his eye that was hiding behind eyelashes. he had a sharp face and almost looked unapproachable despite his good features. plump limps caught his attention when seungmin ran his eyes down the boy's face. light pink and almost sticking out in a pout.

"staring is weird." a groggy, monotone voice said behind him and seungmin jumped. he lost his balance and almost fell on the candor boy but managed to catch himself just in time, awkwardly hovering over the unconscious boy. the erudite boy didn't waste any time before jumping back to his feet and turning to the voice. "i wasn't staring!" seungmin snarled back. not far from him was a boy standing a bit wonky, his light brown hair fell softly into place. the other was wearing a white jacket that framed his shoulders nice, a black loose shirt and showed off his collarbones and white ripped jeans that hugged his legs tightly. "another candor." seungmin mumbled to himself, and if it wasn't for the scowl on his face he could be handsome.

the boy carelessly shrugged. "where am i?" he decided to ask seungmin, a sharp tone underneath his words.

"how am i suppose to know, do i look like a map?" seungmin snapped. he already disliked the other candor.

"aren't you an erudite? it's kinda your job knowing things." he shot back, the frown disappeared from his face now to be replaced with an amused grin.

"maybe it's a stimulation?" a different voice chimed in, a higher one that sounded a lot more careful than the candor.

a boy, still sat down, dressed in a burgundy shirt and an almost mustard colored sweatpants looked at them with big eyes. he looked young. "who are you?" the candor shot back, completely disregarding the idea.

"my name is jeongin." the amity boy replied, trying to push himself up but stumbling back down when he did so. the boy dressed in white didn't move but seungmin quickly rushed over to the boy and pushing him back down when he tried to stand up again.

"wait before you stand up, your blood is rushed to your head." seungmin said, this time with a softer voice and poked his finger against jeongin's head who shot him a giggle. it was obvious this boy was younger so seungmin felt more comfortable with him than with the candor boy.

"it could be a stimulation, but then why dont you projections know what you're doing?" the said boy said, this time nicely seating back on the grass without care that his white pants might get dirty.

"excuse me, i'm not a projection." seungmin shot back, deciding to plop himself down next to jeongin. "well it's someone's stimulation, we can't all be real." he replied, clicking his tongue.

"so you're saying i'm fake?" seungmin deadpanned, raising an eyebrow at the boy. "no, i'm saying that's exactly what a projection would say." he shot back with a triumph smile which seungmin could only reply with an annoyed sigh.

"it's probably not a stimulation." jeongin quickly said with a sheepish smile, trying to calm down the tension between the boys. "maybe we should introduce ourselves?" he quickly followed a bit hesitantly.

"i'm jeongin, i'm from amity. i'm 17 years old and i like singing with my friends. oh! and i used to have a pet dog that our neighborhood adopted and i named him tteok, even though that wasn't his name. he was this brown chowchow and he was really big!" the black haired boy rambled enthusiastically which got a smile on seungmin's face.

"i'm minho." the other said, again with an unimpressed voice that damped jeongin's mood. seungmin rolled his eyes and nudged the amity boy. "i'm seungmin, it's nice to meet you." he whispered to the boy who smiled at him brightly.