"Castiel. Did you just Molotov my brother with holy fire?" Lucifer asks her.

"Uh...no"

"No one dicks with Michael but me" Lucifer snaps his fingers. Castiel explodes in a rain of blood and chunks of meat.

"Sammy, can you hear me?" Dean asks.

"You know...I tried to be nice...for Sammy's sake. But you...are such a pain...in my ass" Lucifer throws Dean onto windshield of the impala, which shatters.

Bobby shoots Lucifer in the back. When lucifer turns, Bobby shoots him again in the front. Lucifer makes a twisting hand motion and Bobby's neck snaps.

"Nooo!" Dean screams.

"Yes" Lucifer grabs Dean's legs and pulls him off the hood of the impala. He punches Dean hard. Dean falls back against the impala, spitting blood.

"Sammy? Are you in there?"

"Oh, he's in here, all right" He punches Dean again "And he's gonna feel the snap of your bones" Another punch. Dean falls to the ground "Every single one" He hauls Dean to his feet "We're gonna take our time"

Lucifer punches Dean a further ten times. Dean, his face now very swollen and bleeding, puts out a hand to Lucifer's jacket. "Sam, it's okay. It's okay. I'm here. I'm here. I'm not gonna leave you" Lucifer punches him twice more "I'm not gonna leave you"

Lucifer draws back his fist for another punch. Sunlight glints off the roof of the impala, catching Lucifer's eye. Lucifer's reflection is visible in the impala's window; through the window Lucifer can see the little green army man stuck in the ashtray.

Lucifer stares. His fist unclenches: it's Sam again. He let's go of Dean, who falls to the ground against the impala. "It's okay, Dean. It's gonna be okay. I've got him" Sam takes out the horsemen's rings and tosses them on the ground.

"Bvtmon tabges babalon" the ground caves in around the rings and air is sucked into the hole. Sam and Dean look at each other as the hole widens. Sam breathes deeply.

"Sam! It's not gonna end this way! Step back!" Michael appears.

"You're gonna have to make me!" Sam tells him.

"I have to fight my brother, Sam! Here and now! It's my destiny!"

Sam looks at Dean, closes his eyes and spreads his arms. Michael lunges forward and grabs Sam's jacket. Sam grabs Michael's arm and they fall together into the hole. After few moments the hole closes in a blinding flash of light.

The horsemen's rings burn right in the grass on the ground where the hole was. Dean closes his eyes as he leans back against the impala.

**********

Dean kneels on the ground near the impala. Castiel appears next to him.

"Cas, you're alive?" Dean asks.

"I'm better than that" Castiel tells him. She touches Dean on the forehead and Dean's wounds heal. Dean stands up.

"Cas, are you god?"

"That's a nice compliment. But no. although, I do believe he brought me back. New and improved" Castiel walks to Bobby and touches him on the forehead, resurrecting him. Dean looks down at the horsemen's ring, which he holds in his hand.

**********

Impala – Night

Dean and Castiel are in the impala, Dean driving. "What are you gonna do now?"

"Return to heaven, I suppose" Castiel tells him.

"Heaven?"

"With Michael in the cage, I'm sure it's total anarchy up there" Castiel explains.

"So, what, you're the new sheriff in town?" Dean asks.

"I like that. Yeah. I suppose I am"

"Wow. God gives you a brand-new, shiny set of wings, and suddenly you're his bitch again"

"I don't know what god wants. I don't know if he'll return. It just...seems like the right thing to do"

"Well, if you do see him, you tell him I'm coming for him next" Dean tells her.

"You're angry" Castiel notes.

"That's an understatement"

"He helped. Maybe even more than we realize"

"That's easy for you to say. He brought you back. But what about Sam? What about me, huh? Where's my grand prize? All I got is my brother in a hole!" Dean snaps.

When Dean looks over, Castiel is gone. "Well, you really suck at goodbyes, you know that?"

**********

Lisa's House – Night

Dean sits at Lisa's table with Ben. Lisa brings a dish to the table. "You okay?" Lisa asks him.

"Yeah, I'm good" Dean takes a drink of whiskey.

**********

A streetlight burns out. We see someone standing beneath it, watching. It's Sam.