**********

Street – Day

The news is playing on television in a store window. Dean and Bobby are watching.

"It's starting" Castiel tells them.

"Yeah, you think, genius?" Dean snaps.

"You don't have to be mean" Castiel tells him.

"So what do we do now?"

"I suggest we imbibe copious quantities of alcohol...just wait for the inevitable blast wave" Castiel has given up.

"Yeah, swell. Thank you, Bukowski. I – I mean, how do we stop it?" Dean asks.

"We don't. lucifer will meet Michael on the chosen field, and the battle of Armageddon begins"

"Okay, well, where's this chosen field?" Dean asks.

"I don't know"

"Well, there's got to be something that we can do"

"I'm sorry, Dean. This is over"

"You listen to me, you sissy – we are not giving up! Bobby? Bobby?" Dean snaps.

"There was never much hope to begin with. I don't know what to do" Bobby tells him.

**********

Alleyway – Night

Dean closes the trunk of the impala. Bobby and Castiel walk up to him. "You going someplace? You're going to do something stupid. You got that look" Bobby tells him.

"I'm gonna go talk to Sam" Dean tells them.

"You just don't give up"

"It's Sam!"

"If you couldn't reach him here, you're certainly not gonna be able to on the battlefield" Castiel tells him.

"Well, if we've already lost, I guess I got nothing to lose, right?" Dean states.

"I just want you to understand – the only thing that you're gonna see out there is Michael killing your brother" Castiel explains to him.

"Well, then I ain't gonna let him die alone" Dean tells her. He gets into the impala and starts the engine.

**********

Stull Cemetery – Day

"Hey. We need to talk" Dean tells Lucifer.

"Dean. Even for you, this is a whole new mountain of stupid" Lucifer tells him.

"I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Sam" Dean tells him.

"You're no longer the vessel, Dean. You got no right to be here" Michael tells him.

"Adam, if you're in there somewhere, I am so sorry" Dean apologizes.

"Adam isn't home right now"

"Well, then you're next on my list, buttercup. But right now, I need five minutes with him" Dean points to Lucifer.

"You little maggot. You are no longer a part of this story!" Michael shouts.

"Hey, ass-butt!" Castiel and Bobby have appeared. Castiel is holding a bottle from which a flame is burning – a Molotov cocktail. Castiel throws the bottle at Michael, who scream as he goes up in flames.

"Ass-butt?" Dean asks her.

Castiel shrugs "He'll be back – and upset – but you got your five minutes"