Chapter 4

(Y/n) dropped her bag at the door and headed into the kitchen to make herself a drink. She'd dropped her mother off at one of her friend's house. It comforted her to know that her mother was getting to spend time with people her own age as she was certain that sooner or later, her mother would get tired of spending all her time with her. She sipped carefully at her beverage as she leaned against the cold counter tops of her kitchen. 

She pulled out her phone and scrolled through the numbers, some of them belonging to people that she still knew very well, some family members and the occasional few who were people that she hadn't spoken to in years but exchanged numbers with them anyway, just so that she didn't feel so alone. A lot of the time,she'd never needed their phone numbers anyway. Finally, she reached Billie's number and clicked on it, giving her the option to ring him or to text him. She clicked text, figuring that it was the safest bet. 

She walked over to her sofa and sat down, placing her drink on the coaster. She stared at the screen. She wasn't sure if she was waiting for him to text her or if she was trying to pluck up the courage to text him herself. Even if she did text him, what would she write? What could she possibly say to him, without making herself look like an absolute tit? 

She started to type but decided that it was a bad idea and that she should wait a little bit before she text him, so she put away her phone, clicked on the television to find something to watch, continuing to sip on her drink. When deciding that there was nothing on television, she decided that she'd go for a walk and try and take her mind off of Billie.

Little did she know that Billie was having the same problem.  He had wandered around his house ever since he got back, staring at her name in his phone, deciding what he was going to say to her. He wandered about that much that his mother, Ollie, had to tell him that he needed to sit down because he was creating a draft. He slumped on the sofa next to her. "What do I say?" He said to himself but Ollie heard him.

"For Christ sake Billie! Tell her how you feel about her."

"What? How can I do that when I don't know how I feel about her." Ollie looked at him disbelievingly. "Okay." She said, determined to make him realise how he feels about (Y/n). "Well. What do you think of her?"

"Well. She's funny and beautiful and I can't stop thinking about her and-" He stopped. "Oh my god." He said. "I really like her." He looked at Ollie, "But how do I tell her that?"

"Well." Ollie raised her eyebrows; "You tell her that you think she's beautiful and funny and then tell her what you'd like to do to-" 

"I'm going to stop you there mother." He said, standing up. "Please, for the love of god, don't ruin the innocent image that I have of you." He laughed. 

"Where are you going?" She asked as he walked out of the room.

"I'm going for a walk. I need to think." He said, before closing the door behind him. 

He headed off down the street, the thought of (Y/n) running through his mind. He thought that maybe he should write a song about her, that always worked when he had things on his mind, after all he was in a band and that is what he did best. 

He turned the corner and pulled out his phone and continued to stare at her name. He really wanted to talk to her. He wanted to see her so badly but he was afraid of fucking up any chance that he had with her. He was too busy thinking about (Y/n) and what he wanted to say to her that he didn't notice that she was right in front of him. "We really need to stop meeting like this." She laughed, making he look up immediately as soon as he heard her voice. He looked at her and a huge smile spread across his face.