Chapter 10:My wife's lost father

Start from the beginning

The emperor was happy to have a peaceful resolution between his kingdom and Southern Yue.

'But... I have a request I hope your majesty will grant,' Fang Mu Chu said.

'General Fang, what is your request?' the emperor asked.

Fang Mu Chu pointed a condemning finger at Tu Qing Min.

'I want him beheaded!' Fang Mu Chu said.

Everyone was as startled as Tu Qing Min.

'You... you dare to stand here and demand a Northern Empire's court official's head?' Tu Qing Min asked in a panicked tone.

Fang Mu Chu laughed coldly. 'Earlier I heard your strong sense of patriotism. Aren't you willing to sacrifice your life for peace in the Northern Empire?'

'Your majesty... I beg of you not grant his outrageous request,' Tu Qing Min said.

The emperor rubbed his chin to appear he was in deep consideration. 'It is good news General Fang came here to offer a treaty... but official Tu... wasn't it you who stood in front of me and talked about your willingness to sacrifice your life for the sake of the Northern Empire? You've tied my hands.'

Chen Quan Ran realised the emperor had schemed to behead Tu Qing Min from the start. He knew the emperor used someone else's dagger to earn the kingdom's respect.

Chen Quan Ran and the emperor exchanged a secret glance at each other.

Chen Quan Ran supressed his anger. His heart cursed the MF emperor. Why didn't the emperor confide the scheme to him? The emperor caused him to shed a lot of hair from worrying about how to save his wife's life.

Even the court officials finally understood it was the emperor's scheme to behead Tu Qing Min from the start. They quickly lowered their heads out of fear Fang Mu Chu would also demand their heads for not defending Fang Mu Chu's daughter's integrity.

After the emperor accepted Fang Mu Chu's treaty, Fang Mu Chu and Mo Lan dripped their blood drops into a bowl of water. Indeed Fang Mu Chu and Mo Lan's blood drops mixed and they officially acknowledged their father and daughter bond.

It was Madam who told Mo Lan that her mother was the Northern Empire's Princess Long Xue Sheng.

Princess Long Xue Sheng was a mischievous princess. The same year Mo Lan was born, Princess Long Xue Sheng sneaked out of the palace and she was captured by bandits. A gentleman rescued Princess Long Xue Sheng. She thought the gentleman was a citizen of the Northern Empire. But the gentleman was Fang Mu Chu who visited the imperial city on a secret mission. Princess Long Xue Sheng and Fang Mu Chu deeply loved each other before knowing each other's identity. Fang Mu Chu gave his mother's family heirloom, the earrings with the same design as his jade pendant to Princess Long Xue Sheng as a love token and a promise to marry her. But the timing of their love was ill fated. That year the Northern Empire and Southern Yue were battling each other to conquer neighbouring territories. Fang Mu Chu was born into a military family and he was forced to leave Princess Long Xue to fight against her kingdom.

***

Chapter Ten (Part 3 of 3)

Fang Mu Chu regretted choosing Southern Yue over Princess Long Xue Sheng.

Fang Mu Chu remembered the last day he spent with Princess Long Xue Sheng.

'Mu Chu will you give up Southern Yue for me?' Princess Long Xue Sheng asked.

'No,' Fang Mu Chu said.

The following day Princess Long Xue Sheng disappeared from Fang Mu Chu's life. He searched everywhere for Long Princess Xue Sheng but he didn't get to even glance at her ever again.