Chapter 6:Jealous

'This is my wife, Mo Lan,' Chen Quan Ran said. 'But my grandma and I love to call her Xiao Lan. Don't underestimate her because of her young age, her intelligence is sharp.'

Chen Luo Yu frowned. Her eyes assessed Mo Lan, drank a sip of tea and smiled. 'I have heard General Chen really like strong women, but big brother's wife looks a little weak.'

Chen Luo Yu was a direct woman and often spoke without thinking deeply. Unlike most women, her bluntness was influenced from years of army life. In her eyes General Chen was a strong and handsome man who treated everyone under him equally. He was the ideal husband to many women. Although he had an official wife, his wife was weak. In the past he had spoken about wanting a strong wife who could be alongside him during battles. The contradiction to his desires made her confused why he would introduce his official wife that he neglected for ten years to her. She felt like something precious was taken from her and inwardly she laughed gloomily.

Mo Lan wasn't oblivious to the provocation visible in Chen Luo Yu's eyes. But Mo Lan wasn't angry and maintained a smile.

'Anyone would be envious of a strong woman like Lady Chen, including myself,' Mo Lan said. 'If Lady Chen won't refuse, you have travelled a thousand Li to be a guest at the Chen Manor and as the young mistress of the Chen Household of course I will welcome your stay.'

Mo Lan's emphasis on 'young mistress,' caused the provocation in Chen Luo Yu's eyes disappear.

Chen Quan Ran and Xiao Ha stood on the side and looked at each other while Chen Quan Ran's wife and Chen Luo Yu exchanged sparring words.

Xiao Ha winked a few times to let General Chen know the tension between General Chen's wife and Chen Luo Yu wouldn't be resolved easily.

Chen Quan Ran looked at Xiao Ha to say that Xiao Ha appeared to be enjoying a good performance, and berating Xiao Ha for not informing Luo Yu's visit earlier and caused his wife and Luo Yu to meet under tensed circumstances.

Xiao Ha protested with innocent eyes to say their unplanned meeting had nothing to do with Xiao Ha.

Xiao Ha looked away from General Chen and slowly enjoyed drinking tea.

Chen Quan Ran sighed, his mood wasn't bad. Tu Lang's situation was resolved and released the heavy boulder from his heart. It reminded him how blessed and undeserving he was to have an extraordinarily wise wife. He felt foolish for not appreciating his wife and wasted ten years. His heart shook, he pulled his wife closer to him and whispered in her ear. 'Sun Can's family was avenged because of my impressive wife.'

Mo Lan was sparring with Chen Luo Yu when Chen Quan Ran suddenly pulled her to him and made her ear turn bright red. Mo Lan thought Chen Quan Ran couldn't see the situation in front of his eyes and daringly behave intimate with her... she took out her anger by pinching his waist and glaring at him. 'There are others here, can't you behave?'

Chen Quan Ran smiled and appeared to look obedient. 'Yes of course, what my wife says is always reasonable and suits the situation. Let's slowly discuss it in bed together.'

Chen Quan Ran was busy for many days before finally having free time. He began to miss his wife's alluring soft body.

Although Chen Quan Ran whispered softly to his wife, Chen Luo Yu and Xiao Ha were highly trained in martial arts so it was hard for them not to hear Chen Quan Ran's whispers.

After Xiao Ha heard the general's whispers, he immediately wanted to flee. Xiao Ha couldn't believe the general could whisper about a husband desiring his wife in bed without blushing or gasping for air. Instead the general appeared nonchalant while whispering unsuitable desires in front of others.