"4 Smoked Pork Jowls, 1 Vegan Charcuterie, and 2 Pappardelle with Sea Urchin and Cauliflower. Where's that Pork Rillette Hand Pie I asked for 15 minutes ago?"

Chris dances across the kitchen with a steaming plate in hand, shoving it towards Phil, "right here, Chef!" Phil span around and grabbed the plate, making his way across the restaurant to serve it. Dan sighed as another dish was placed in the sink for him to wash, but he scrubbed quickly, the dishes never stopped coming. Luckily it wasn't as busy today at the restaurant.

"Last order of the day, Braised Leeks with Mozzarella & a Fried Egg! Make it count and I'll treat you all to dinner after work!"

"Yes, Chef!" Everyone shouted back at, Phil. Everyone but Dan, he never went out with them.

"PJ, where's the 2 Pappardelle?"

PJ, put it together on the plates and handed them over Anthony to Phil, who rushed them out to the proper tables.

Chris and Anthony rushed out the Smoked Pork Jowls to their respective tables, and PJ took out the Vegan Charcuterie. Chef ran out with the last dish as Dan finished cleaning the kitchen. The others listened to Chef as he congratulated them and sent them all to the lockers to change.

Dan felt something crawling on his back and dropped the last dish he was holding. "Dan! What happened?!" Phil frustratedly ran into the back and grabbed the broom.

"I- thought I f-felt a bug on m-m-my back! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Phil sighed and handed Dan the broom, "Clean it up."

"Yes, Chef. I'm sorry."

Phil rolled his eyes and pat Dan on the back as he walked past him. "It's fine, just clean it up and go change."

"Yes, Chef." Dan swept up the mess he had made, feeling a warm tear make its way down his cheek. He quickly wiped it away and finished sweeping. He made his way to the back and waited outside the changing room.

PJ cleared his throat, "Today was a pretty laid back day. I wish it was always this easy!"

"Yeah" Chris responded. "Except you wouldn't get paid as much."

PJ laughed, "That's true."

Anthony Chuckled and shut his locker, "hurry up guys."

The other shut their lockers and they all came back out, laughing. Chris was the last one out, and pat Dan on the back as he walked by. "You can go in now."

Dan smiled awkwardly at Chris and walked in. He opened his locker and started changing.

He gingerly placed his pastel blue flower crown on his now free curly brown hair, and flattened out his overalls and baby blue sweater. He smiled at his reflection in the mirror in his locker and closed it gently. He locked up the restaurant on his way outz and made his way towards his closet sized apartment.

Was gonna make this chapter longer but decided to put everything else I was gonna write on the next chapter. Hope you like this story 🤗