12; Almost there

That... That moron, imbecile, crap monkey piece of trash!  Why would he make me take a nap! Better yet, why did I listen to him? He knows! He knows about me being a Jinchūriki. Why would he tell me to seep? Can other Jinchūriki sleep?

"Hey (Y/N) *Yawn* Did you get the last shift?"Ten-Ten said with a yawn.

"Yeah... Something like that." I said, grabbing my things from the tent. It was only some group gear like a sleeping bag and an extra blanket, but within no time it was all packed away.

"Hey, did I ever take a shift? I can't remember if I took a shift or not." She said, also packing her things.

"Yeah... about that..." I said, pausing.

"She ended up taking all the shifts." Saiid Neji. He was somehow already packed.

"You what?" Ten-Ten said, stopping her breaking down the tent.

"(Y/N). Why would you-"

"Insomnia. I don't sleep. I cant sleep. Next topic." I said flatly. I left the two and stamped out the fire. Several minutes passed and I guessed they got the hint that I wasn't feeling up to talking. Soon the entire camp was packed up and we were on our way out.  I stayed there in silence. Yeah I was mad at Neji, but I wanted to talk to him as well. Tell him why I don't sleep, how the nightmares feel about as real as the war and when I became a Jinchūriki. I actually wanted to talk about him about the whole thing but I've only known him for a couple of days, So I can't just start talking to him like I'm his lifelong friend, or that I like him. Psh, It's not like I like him or anything. Yeah... I felt my cheeks get warm a the thought of me liking him and being able to open up to him.

"Hey, (Y/N) are you ok? Your flushed cheeks might be a sign that you're running a fever." Said Lee, patting me on the back, surprisingly.

"Uh, yeah, no, I'm fine. Just a little hot from all these layers." I said, Fanning myself with my hand too further prove the point that I was hot and not just blushing.

"Ok... Make sure not to wear too many layers then... Lets head out" Said Lee. 

"Yeah. Let's get going." Slinging my backpack over my shoulder. We all grouped up and headed out. 

It was a semi-awkward walk. I kept my eyes down and Neji was at a distance. Ten-Ten walked a bit faster and caught up with me.

"So (Y/N)... You have Insomnia..." Said Ten-Ten. Great...

"Uh, yeah..."

"Are you ok? "

"Yep."

"I mean, you don't feel tired or anything?"

"I'm fine."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Not really." It was back to the silence.

"You know, you should probably fix whatever happened between you and Neji."

"W-What? Di-"

"No, I can tell from your guys' demeanor. you both look like sad kicked puppy dogs." Wow, she has like a 6th sense for these things. "Anyway, I'm not sure what it's about, but you may wanna fix that before it gets to anything worse than awkward glances."

"Thanks, Ten-Ten..."

"No problem." We walked alone in silence for a bit before I racked up the courage to go talk to Neji. I took another deep breath and then walked over towards where he was.

"Hey..."

"Hello..." We walked together in awkward silence yet agin.

"I... I wanted to apologize for getting mad at you earlier I-"

"No. I should apologize. I didn't know that you had-

"It's fine, You couldn't have known about-"

"I should have tho. There are other Jinchūriki who have troubles sleeping, I even know one who hasn't slept in literal years. I'm sorry." We both walked there, the silence now almost comforting. No longer awkward, almost like an understanding silence. I don't know if I took a step to close or if he had gone to grab something, or if it had been Guy Sensei. Buy our hands brushed together and Guy Sensei clasped our shoulders and yelled gladly.

"My youthful students, We're here! Here in the land of keys!"