Chapter 21: Nico and Leo...die?

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Leo," Seamus said while changing into his robes. "Where's Nico?"

Leo put on one of his signature smiles, trying to hide his own confusion. "He probably fell asleep downstairs or something. I better go find him before we head down to breakfast." 

Leo strolled calmly out the door but he as soon as he was out of sight he burst down the stairs to the common room. He was one of the first up and out of the room. Annabeth and Hermione were talking next to the fire place, something about flying charms, but Leo didn't see his shadowy friend.

Leo calmly walked up to Annabeth and tapped her on the shoulder. He was not ready for when Annabeth grabbed his wrist and slammed him over her shoulder, pinning him on the coffee table.

"Di Immortas, Annabeth!" Leo yelled. "What the Hades, has gotten into you?!"

Annabeth shuddered and blinked a couple times. "Oh Leo! Oh my Gods, sorry!" She let him up apologizing fiercely. Leo smirked back at her.

"I thought you only did that to your Boyfriend?" he wiggled his eyebrows. "Is Percy Jackson being Replaced?"

Annabeth turned a brillant red. "Valdez you are going to get a dagger in your back on of these days." She hissed. "Though I dont know if it will be me holding it or Thaila, when you flirt with her hunters again!" 

"Who's Thalia? What hunters?" Leo and Annabeth snapped back to reality, upon hearing Hermione speak.

"Oh she's just an old friend of mine." Annabeth said dismissively. "She leads a group of...witches, that go around taking care of those greek monsters, we told you about."

Hermione nodded curtly, but Leo wasn't sure she actually believed them. Leo had more pressing matters to attend to though. He turned back to Annabeth

"Have you seen Nico, this morning?"

Annabeth frowned. "He's not upstairs? Breakfast doesn't start for another five minutes..." Leo could pratically see the gears turning in her head.

"His bed doesn't even look touched." Leo said. "Where could he be? It's not like we could whip out a map and just find him."

Annabeth looked at him as if he was missing something important.

"What?" Leo asked. Annabeth slapped him in the head. 

"Idiot." she mummbled.

"Seriosly What-ohhhhhhh." Leo said. He reached into his robes and felt for the slightly burned paper. Before Leo could do anything Harry and Ron stumbled over to them, Ron still wiping sleep from his eyes and yawming loudly.

"Hermione, have you seen my maraurder's map?" Harry asked stiffling a yawn.

"No. Where did you last have?" She asked as if she was talking to a three year old who had lost their  favorite toy train. 

"I had it last night, over there by the corner table-"

"Excuse me," Annabeth piped. "What is a maraurder's map?"

The trio exchanged nervous glances. "It's a map of Hogwarts." Hermione said slowly.

"Oh."

"So Leo did you find Nico?" 

Leo shurgged. Now he was worried. What had that son of Hades gotten himself into?

Suddenly the door banged open, leaving the pink lady aghast. "Now just a second, young lady!" The painting cried for what it's worth. Lou Ellen didn't pay it any attention as she stomped to the middle of the Gryfindor common room.