"Does she now? Tell me more." Lucifer's voice sounded like it was mocking Dan but the devil was eager to hear the other man's reply.

"Yes, she does. Can't sleep some nights because of how much she misses you." Dan knew that Lucifer could see through his indirect message, he just didn't have it in him to say that he was in fact the one that missed Lucifer and lost sleep over it.

"Well you mustn't worry, love. I will be back soon enough." Lucifer's voice was husky and Dan felt a knot form in his stomach at the word Lucifer used to refer to him. So lost in the word on endearment, Dan forgot all about his discretion.

"Come back real soon, baby." It was only after the words slipped his mouth that he noticed. A blush overtook his face and he held a hand to his mouth, as if to stop the uncontrollable word vomit.

Lucifer's breath caught in his throat at the pet name. His mind flashed back to the night when Dan had touched him in the most sensual ways possible. Dan had used the same name on Lucifer.

"Just hold on for a little while, we will be together soon love." Lucifer says in a suddenly strained voice. Dan's heart constricts as he hangs up the phone after saying their goodbyes.

||

It's been a week since Lucifer spoke to Dan and it was starting to make him fidgety. He was healed now and has been healed for a week now, but Mazikeen had found out who his attacker was and they were planning to pay him a visit.

Lucifer paced around his 'room' in anxiety as he waited for his demon friend to finish getting ready for the mission. Lucifer didn't need any preparations for a mission,  he was his own weapon. He stopped pacing and turned to look at Maze, who was still attaching armor to her clothing.

"Uhm Mazikeen... would it be a bother to ask you to be fast about your exercise there?" He asked after clearing his throat to get her attention.

Maze dropped the gun she had in her hand on the table, she blew out soft air through her mouth and looked up to where the devil stood. "I'd be finished if I didn't have to split my concentration, I can't focus while listening to your constant sighing and skidding shoes. Why are you so anxious?" She said in a strained voice and slapped the table in frustration.

"He wants to see the detective." Linda walked in the room and placed a tray with glasses filled with juice. Maze scoffed and too a drink before spitting it out and gawking at Lucifer.

"Wait, what?" She looks at Lucifer's unamused face then turns her gaze to Linda's calculating one focused on the devil. "Woah, I know y'all are best of buddies now. But Linda's eyes and tone suggest more. What's going on Satan?"

"He's in love, or at least infatuated by tge detective. " again, Linda. Lucifer's ete twitched when she said 'infatuated', he felt that it was unnecessary to add that. Lucifer just shifted his gaze from Linda and landed it on Maze, whose jaw was slacking from the shock.

"What? Hahahaha wait, what?" Maze was in shock and her loss of words were proof enough.  She started pacing behind the table and when she stopped,  she looked as if she was about to burst into tears. "Wait, you replaced Decker with her husband? What sick game are you playing devil?" She moved so fast and was in front of him in seconds, jabbing her finger into his chest.

Lucifer pried her hand away from his suit and fixed it as he took a seat. He looked up at an upset Maze, he didn't know how to explain himself.  It's not like he had planned to fall for Dan, "It just happened, I didn't plan to fall for Dan and neither did i expect him to reciprocate the feelings. "

Maze couldn't believe that Lucifer had replaced her dear friend so easily and with her husband.  But they had a mission to run first, only after then will she properly kick Lucifer's pale ass for this.

"Let's go on this mission first, then later I can kick your ass for this" she said as she walked towards the table. She picked up her gun and holstered it before walking out the door.

Lucifer got up to follow her but was stopped by Linda's throat clearing.  He turned by the door so he was facing her, "Yes, Linda?"

"Just a quick question. You love Dan more than you did Chloe, why?" Her curiosity was obvious and genuine.

"I don't know Linda. All I know is that ever since I realized my feelings for Dan, it's as if I never had a slight attraction towards Chloe to begin with." Lucifer feels like a jerk for saying this but it was the honest truth. He walked away before Linda could reply.

When he got outside, Maze was already on her motorcycle. Lucifer got into his sportscar and started the engine, he looked up towards Maze and she nodded before leading the way.

"The faster I deal with this coward who attacked me, the faster I can get to being with my detective. " he said before driving off, following the demon's lead.

°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤
Please do Vote, Share and leave a comment.
Thanks for reading. ♡