Part one

Frerin, Dís, and Thorin stood with their parents at the gates of Erebor, waiting for the Φεγγάρι to arrive. The sound of hooves filled the air and they straightened. A group of large deer look-a-like creatures appeared in their line of view. They had expected a larger number of people but they only received a group of seven. The three members of the chief family and one member of each clan. Thorin glanced at Dwalin who shrugged slightly. The deer came to a stop just before them and the Φεγγάρι dropped the chief family approaching with gentle smiles. They had strange eyes, seemingly made of stars.
"King Thráin, it is an honor." The King placed a hand on his chest and bowed his head. The others repeat the action and Thorin's eye was caught by a female in blue clothes who was speaking softly with a girl in red clothes.
"Honor among." the Chief's son said.
"Its a pleasure, Chief Temishn," Thráin spoke. "My Queen Dathira." (A/N: I couldn't find a name for Thorin's mom so I looked up some dwarven names) "Our children Frerin Dís and Thorin." Each dwarf bowed in unison.
"And it is an honor to meet you as well. This is my beautiful wife, Zoei and our son Jhoen." a bark was heard and Thorin shifted his gaze to the girl in blue.
"Sorry! Spider." She pointed and the deer barked again as the girl pulled on his reins. "ZJ." she hissed Thorin walked forward and step on the spider. "Thank you, Prince Thorin." she smiled and he forgot how to breathe for a moment, her eyes held the Galaxy seemingly moving and that's when he noticed her eye color was constantly changing. She turned away to sooth the deer, rubbing between his horns.
"What is he?"
"He is a Muntjac. I'm so very sorry, they hate spiders."
"It's quite alright.."
"Obsidian daughter of Oblivion." She bowed. "Born of the water clan, Master of the art."
"Why don't the rest of you go ahead and introduce yourselves?" The chief spoke and the girl in red beside Obsidian bowed.
"Stella daughter of Luna. Born of the fire clan, master of the art." the man in green bowed this time.
"Kai son of Hazle. Born of the earth clan, Master of the art."
"Jai son of Mai. Born of the air clan, master of the art." A yellow-clad man bowed.
"Masters at such young ages, I'm impressed." Thráin smiled.
"In all honesty, your highness, of us all Obsidian is the impressive one. We are of normal age for this title, fifty years we are her seniors and I am confident when I say she is the most powerful of us, most certainly the most deadly." Stella glanced at Obsidian who was preening at the complement pride was more than obvious in Stella's voice as the others seemed swelled with pride as well.
"Well we shall just have to see just what the four of you are capable of."
"Perhaps we should go to wherever your men train? I do not believe this is the proper place for them to be..." the chief paused trying to find words better than 'Playing around'.
"for them to display their gifts." Zoei mended.
"Yes, of course this way." The Queen led them to a flat area used for sparing outside of the castle. "Please." She gestured to the area while the others started to the side. The four walked farther out murmuring quickly to one another. Stella and Jai moved away as Obsidian and Kai squared up to one another.

 Stella and Jai moved away as Obsidian and Kai squared up to one another

They bowed to one another before the chief nodded. "Begin." Thorin watched fascinated by every move she made, he was quickly becoming more and more sure she was his one. She quickly eliminated the other two and they each bowed seemingly proud to have been defeated. When they were done everyone clapped. "I have never seen such skills."
"Very impressive." they bowed to the royal family of Erebor each expressing their gratitude for the compliments.
"I'm very glad we decided to make you allies instead of enemies."
"As are we."
After dinner the Φεγγάρι we're shown to their rooms. Thorin walked through the garden with Dwalin. "She's my one."
"Mavis?"
"No! Not the elf. How did you ev-? Nevermind, I meant Obsidian."
"Oh. Really?" Dwalin glanced over Thorin's shoulder.
"Yes really. What are you looking at?" Thorin turned to see Obsidian dancing.

 What are you looking at?" Thorin turned to see Obsidian dancing

"Wow

"Wow."
"That is amazing."
"Yeah, she is." Thorin started walking and Dwalin rolled his eyes leaving the two alone. "Your people are truly blessed." Her body tensed her gentle movements turning hostile for a second.
"Prince Thorin." She sighed out
"Please just call me Thorin. I apologize I had no intention of startling you."
"It's alright, this is your home."
"And you are my guest."
"Did you need something? Or..?"
"No Dwalin and I take nightly patrols before we rest."
"Who?" she raised her brow looking around them.
"Dwalin my comp- Dwalin?" he turned looking for him Obsidian giggled.
"There is no need for an imaginary friend if you wish to speak with me please do so freely."
"No, he's not imaginary. He was the guard that stood with us today."
"Of course." She chuckled.
"Your people, you are all very blessed."
"As you said before." She smiled sitting on the grass, inviting him to join her. "Surely that is not the only thing you have to say to me?" He flushed as he joined her on the ground.
"What is it that gives you your gifts?"
"It is the trees of the Celestial."
"Trees?"
"Yes, there are five one for each element and one for the grace-line of the chief family."
"Grace-line?"
"Like your blood-lines. We have grace-lines. Each of the trees was made by a Celestial, what you might consider angles. The fifth was a contribution from the four of them. My Mother and Father were both Water-born. They both had pure grace-lines. Meaning I am a pure bred Water-born. Just as the other Masters are of pure grace-lines. Although it is not unheard of for grace-lines to be mixed and bring us a child whose gifts are unknown until they are five years of age."
"What qualifies someone as a Master?" She grinned as if that was the question she had wanted him to ask.
"They must be of a pure grace-line first and foremost. Then every four hundred years a Master picks a promising child that is of fifty years old. That child is trained info mastering the subclasses of their element. For instance, for Stella, she had to master Lighting and Combustion. Kai had Sand, Metal Lava and seismic seeing, "seeing" via earth vibrations. Jai unaided flight and spiritual projection."
"And you?"
"Blood, spirit, healing and plant."
"You can control blood!?" She laughed and shook her head at the wide-eyed expression he gave her.
"I can manipulate blood. That is what the Φεγγάρι do after all. We manipulate." She laid back on the grass and closed her eyes. "One more question then we rest in peace."
"If one must be fifty years old when they began training, then you would not have been born when the others were chosen."
"My elder brother was selected. He was not happy about it, I would watch him train and practice and eventually, I surpassed him and I took his place. Just last month I completed my lifelong goal of becoming Master." She hummed. "Now silence." water played it's way around in the air as she focused her eyes on it willing it this way and that. Eventually, they parted and went to bed both their minds filled with the other as they fell into a peaceful sleep.

Obsidian daughter of Oblivion On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara