Chapter 19

Clare had to leave and in a few days, your legs were starting to get better. You were able to feel them slightly but they hurt every time you had to move them. Vishnal had a doctor monitor you so at the right time, you will be able to do some exercises to strengthen your legs. You were reading in your room when Vishnal enters.

You were upset with him, but to the point where you would continue to ignore or yell at him. He smiles at you and sits next to you.

"Have there been any improvements with your legs?" he asks.

"There has been a little." you answer back. 

"That is good to know." An awkward silence follows with neither of you knowing what to say. Finally Vishnal breaks it. "I am sorry F/n. I shouldn't have made you do something you weren't ready for."

"...It's fine." you answer. "I am sorry too. You had no control of the situation and you didn't know what could of happened. I am sorry for blaming you." 

"Thank you F/n." Vishnal says gratefully. It was a slow process but now you and Vishnal were on better terms again. You found yourself feeling more happy with him. Vishnal in turn was pleased to see how you were more accepting of him. Patience. He wasn't going to force you, rather he was going to get rid of any obstacles that got in the way. In fact, one of his plans was being put into action.

Duke and Duchess Evans were in their carriage. They needed to put on the act that having you around was a problem and that you bewitched Vishnal to the point where he wouldn't even listen to reason. 

"The girl managed to live." Duchess Evans says with spite. "She managed to live and now Vishnal is more protective of her."

"We can just say he feels pity for her as now she is crippled."

"Someone will buy it." Duchess Evans then notices how fast the carriage is going. "What is going on?" Duke Evans also notices and then turns to ask the driver to slow down. 

"Can you hear me?" he asks when he notices that the driver isn't answer. The rode gets bumpy and the driver falls off. Duke Evans turns to his wife. "He was dead." Duchess Evans begins to panic at this. The horses were still going fast and showed no signs of stopping. 

"Do something!" she hollers. "We will be killed!" Duke Evans attempts to get out of the carriage and manages to get to the box seat and grabs the harnesses for the horse. He tries to stop them but it isn't working. The horses refuse to listen. Left with no other choice, he uncouples the carriage.

The carriage is slowing down but it isn't enough. A sharp turn in the trail was approaching. At their speed, it would be too late. And it was too late. Both Duchess and Duke Evans couldn't turn the carriage and it falls into the ditch that was there. Duke Evans died upon impact as he wasn't inside of the carriage. Duchess Evans though was trapped inside. She couldn't open the doors because it was jammed. She had a broken arm and legs, but even so she tried. She screamed for help, but no one heard her. By the time help had arrived later that day, the two were dead.

Word of there death spread and Vishnal was okay with this. You didn't feel sad about their deaths since you were never closed to them but found the circumstances odd. Both them and the driver were dead. It just didn't make sense.

Vishnal waited for the boy to arrive. When he did, he smiled at him.

"Don't worry. I will make sure you will get your acknowledgment. But only after F/n agrees to be mine."

"But you-"

"I know. But I got make sure you don't say anything that will cause her to leave me. She's finally talking to me. Once I am able to get her to accept me, then you can get your new title. But if she doesn't accept me, that is another story." Vishnal turns to leave. "Also. If you utter one word about this, don't think you will get away with it. I gathered the evidence to prove your involvement with F/n's accident. Try anything, and it won't just be me paying the price."

A/n. I think I am almost done with this story. Five chapters give or take. I don't know. But I am close. So I do have some drafts lined up so I might make a poll as to what to publish next depending. Though I have a feeling those stories won't be uploaded until like July since I have finals, and going to be on break for three weeks. Welp. Hope ya enjoyed the chapter.