Prologue

Growing up in a society where a person's looks were held more desirable than their natures was difficult. You had spent twenty one years suffering under the hate and ridicule of those people. You were the younger twin of Marianne L/n, the most beautiful girl in Lancin. When you were born, you had scars all over your body, including your face. Your parents were disgusted especially when their first born didn't have a single flaw. They raised you in hopes the scars would fade. They didn't.

The only reason why they had you live with then was because when they realized the scars wouldn't fade, your sister was very attached to you. If you were separated for over an hour, she would cry until you were in front of her. Your parents didn't want Marianne feeling sad, so they kept up the act that they were happy to have you around.

You loved Marianne and considered her the only family you had. She knew of the rumors but never said anything or defended you in anyway. But she was better than the others who called you "Scar Face." Marianne never did anything to help your situation but she was kind to you. The only other people who were nice to you were those of The Order. The Order was the church. There way of thinking made you feel at peace and normal and anyone can join. You could have children, married several times or done time in prison. You would be accepted by them. Of course there were limits. Depending on what you have done, your position in The Order would be affected. Only the ones who were clean of everything can appoint and allow others to join The Order and perform ceremonies. You had befriended a woman there. Saintess Clare.

Saintess Clare was an oracle of The Order and you would always go to talk to her. You had just comeback from a one-sided conversation from your father and was feeling a bit angry. You had found her in the gardens of the church.

"Clare." you say smiling at her. She turns to face you, revealing her dull eyes. Saintess Clare was a beautiful woman. Her hair was pure black and she had skin pale as snow.

"Hello F/n. Would you like to join me? The birds are playing the most harmonious songs." you sit next to her and she faces you. "What happened F/n? You seem upset today."

"I just sat down and you already know I have problems." you laugh derisively.

"You had a fight with your parents."

"It wasn't a fight. Father told me he was sending me as the bride for Vishnal Evans. Son of Duke Evans."

"You are getting married?"

"Not exactly. Marianne is. Father had agreed to the proposal but soon afterwards a prince sent a proposal. Father decided to send Marianne to the prince. He is using me as way to appease the Duke since the bride price was paid."

"I see. You can join The Order then. Not even your father can go against the will of the church."

"It's fine. They will probably send me back with or without the bride price refunded."

"Maybe they won't though F/n. You are charming woman."

"My face is scarred. Just like my arms, legs, everywhere." you say looking down at your hands. Clare takes your hands and holds them.

"From the moment of my birth. I couldn't see a single thing. My life was surrounded in darkness and yet I saw the things no one else could. You F/n are beautiful, just not the way others perceive you to be."

"You only can say this because you are beautiful."

"But beauty is in the eye of the beholder isn't it." You didn't have response to that. Clare was only a few years older than you and yet she was wise beyond her years. Clare gets up and faces you once more. "F/n."

"Yes."

"Prostitutes, divorcees and sinners of all kinds come here. Some ask for forgiveness whereas others join The Order. Even if you are divorced and tainted, we will always welcome you."

"...I know."