Chapter 9

"What is your real goal here?" you glare at Vishnal.

"I want you to love me."

"You know, had you stuck to the plan originally, I could of left with a good impression of you."

"I don't want you out of my life."

"But why? What have I done that made you like me? I am standoffish. I don't like interacting with others. I have cynical outlooks. I am not even pretty."

"F/n!" he shouts. "You are pretty. I don't know why I love you. It just happened during the month. You made me feel happy when you are near. I hate when others call you a freak. I want to protect you from them."

"If you wanted to protect, you should of divorced me in the first place. Now I have to deal with the after math."

"F/n-"

"Just go. Please." Vishnal quietly leaves the room and you lie down in bed. Clare could possibly help you in annulling the marriage. But there was a chance it was unlikely. For marriages to be annulled, both parties must sign the document. If one party wants to divorce,but the other doesn't, in order for the marriage to be annulled, they need to fall under two catergories.

One is that if one party is abusive. The other is if one is being infidel to the other. Your marriage fell into neither. But your marriage was objected by many, so there is a chance your marriage could be annulled. You go to sleep with these thoughts running in your head. 

The next morning, you decide to eat early since you skipped dinner the night before. You sneak into the kitchen only to be caught by Vishnal.

"I knew you would be here. You skipped dinner, so I figured you would eat earlier." he smiles innocently. You were going to object to eating but your stomach growled. Vishnal offers his hand. "Come dear. Breakfast is in the dining hall." You walk to the dining hall and Vishnal follows you. The two of you eat in silence when his parents come in.

"What rights do you have to eat here?" Duchess Evans says scornfully. You were about to get up to leave but Vishnal holds your arm forces you in your seat. You were surprised by his strength.

"She is my wife? Is it not normal for her to eat with me?" he asks his mother.

"She is a freak."

"She is my wife."

"You sound like those preachers in The Order." The nobility and The Order had strained ties. The nobility hated that they couldn't get married or divorced without the consent of The Order. Not to mention The Order also challenged the nobility in their way of thinking indirectly. The reason why nobles never went out of their way to damage the reputation of The Order was because the majority of civilian supported them. 

Since The Order stood for the common people, nobles couldn't go after them without facing back lash from them. So nobles put on the facade that they actually care and agree with The Order.

"Vishnal." you say looking at him. "I am full. I am excusing myself to my room." you leave the room and head on back. You see servants coming in and out of your room with items. "He wasn't lying was he." you mumble as you watch your belongings get carried away. 

Vishnal had tried to go after you but his father stopped him.

"You need to stop this Vishnal."

"Why do I have to stop? She is my wife. Am I not allowed to be with the woman I married?"

"You dare talk back to me? Try me boy, I will disown you." Vishnal smiles at this.

"Go ahead. I am pretty sure one of your bastards would love to take my place."