»Chapter 22 :- How they happened? (PART 2)

Start from the beginning

"Well, after such a heartfelt apology, only a fool will choose to ignore it. And I am not a fool. That apology was appreciated and you are right, I am a mere simpleton", Luke said, smiling.

Thalia's expression changed into guilt," Oh please do not take my words as an insult! I didn't mean it like that!"

Luke couldn't help but laugh. Well he said come so far already, so why not continue the lie? For once, he wanted to know what it was like to be normal and not having people bowing at your command. He would have to tell her the truth someday, but he choose not to think about that now.

"No I'm not. You were right. I am a farmer's son. I live on the edge of the town. I usually come to the market to get my supplies", Luke lied, somewhat effortlessly.

Thalia just nodded, registering his words.

"My visits are usually unpleasant because of the crowded streets but I won't mind seeing a familiar face. I will look forward to my next visit here", Luke said, working his Princely charm.

Maybe the sunlight got into his eyes and he couldn't see, but he thought that Thalia blushed and got all flustered. She quickly regained her composure and replied," I presume we are on a friendly basis now. My mother would definitely not approve. But I'm not much of a obedient daughter to her anyway".

Luke smiled so wide, he knew his cheeks would hurt later. " So you are implying you won't mind meeting me again?", he asked.

"Well, you did say were a night person and find the market a crowded place. So I think it will be wise if we don't meet here the next time", Thalia smiled.

"Do you have any place in mind?"

"I might have a few"

"Result of the discoveries of your 'night time walk'? "

"Maybe", Thalia said slyly. "How about the next time you show up near my house around nighttime?"

"Noted", Luke said, tipping his hat as a gesture of approval.

"See you around, Drake", Thalia said and walked ahead towards the fruit stall, leaving Luke standing there smiling to himself.

So the whole ordeal began. They both used to sneak out in the night to explore. All this time, they would talk and take in the beauty of the night. They enjoyed each other's company. Both were impatient to meet the other everyday. Every passing day, they discovered something new about each other.

She knew of his love of Horse riding.

He knew she hated horses, and was desperate to change her mind.

She was a very rebellious person.

He wished he could be more just like her.

She noticed how his hair is always parted towards the side in an untameable way.

He always saw in awe as her eyes shone in the starlight.

There was something about her, Luke felt serene when she was around.

He felt like any normal person would. After all he hoped was a break from royalty sometimes.

She made him feel that way. And he wouldn't have it any other way.

Of course, these were the observed details.

Luke was very careful of not to give out any information about his identity. He made sure they talk very less about their family lives. She didn't seemed to mind and Luke was extremely grateful for that.

Days and months passed, them meeting by her garden and then wandering off on horseback. Only during that once, Luke absentmindedly noticed the name on the gates of the estate.