»Chapter 22 :- How they happened? (PART 2)

Luke was trying so hard to get her out of his mind. But she somehow invaded his mind! All he could see was her smiling face and her name in his ears. Was he going insane? Probably. Even Percy noticed this, but Luke brushed away any of his questions. He had to get a way out of this.

Later that day, he caught up with Percy again.

"I need to get out of this castle right now for a few hours", Luke said impatiently.

Percy's eyes went wide," Right now?! It is an impossible task, Your Highness. It is easy to sneak out at night but not in broad daylight!"

Luke sighed exasperatedly and said , "You have to help me with this Percy please. Mother and Father are not in the castle at the moment and the guards will soon be on their Lunch break. We have a really small time window for me to sneak out. Please this is very important".

Percy's eyes went wide again before he said," This is not about that girl again, is it?" He need not wait for Luke's answer as his expression gave it away.

Percy's only thought was 'Oh Gods No'. After much pestering, Percy agreed. They devised a plan. Percy would distract the guards as they left for lunch and the next squad took their place for the Prince to get out. Very carefully, Luke did manage to get his disguise on and was out of the castle estate.

He hurried towards the capital market, a wild hope in his heart that she must be there. He reached the market, the place was alive with the chattering crowds and vibrant stalls. Oh how was he planning to find her here! He wandered through the busy streets, looking over in all the stalls lined up. He wasn't paying attention on his way and he bumped into someone so hard that he fell down on the road. Before he could lash out in a angry fury of words, he found his gaze locked on a familiar pair of electric blue eyes.

He bumped into her! Out of all the many people at the market. And quite literally fell for her. Oh the irony of the situation.

Thalia extended her arm to help him up, which Luke gladly accepted.

"Its a small kingdom after all and yet I don't run into someone famous but you. I thought you were more of a night person", Thalia said, smiling brightly.

Luke's breath was caught in his throat. Someone famous?! Had he recognised him?! What did she mean by that? And why was she smiling at him? Was she actually happy to see him there?

"Small world indeed", Luke agreed. "I am a night person, though this meeting seems different than the others".

Thalia was confused,"How so?", she asked.

"Well, you are talking to me willingly that too with a smile on your face. I'm used to glares and grimaces", Luke said.

Thalia looked towards her feet ," I'm sorry about that night at my house. It is just that my mother is very strict. I am not exactly allowed to talk or make acquaintance with any person that she doesn't approve of. She is very biased against class and you seemed like a simpleton. If she would've spotted me talking to you, she won't even let me out of the house for a long time. And being home with her in my company is just the worst. I thought that you came to inform my mother that You found me in the forest. The thing is, I had snuck out that night because I wanted to see the full moon from a clearing in the forest", she explained.

It was as if Luke was actually dreaming. She was just like him! She went through all those feelings that he felt about being stuck in the same place! And fortunately she did not look through his disguise, for all she thought he was a poor peasant! He felt a completely new feeling wash over him.