»Chapter 19:- A Change Of Heart

Dedicated to MaliaAndKiraAndLydia for totally making our day by voting on each and every chapter of this story, the phone was literally having a seizure by so many notifications!

Thanks for the votes, hope you are liking the story so far :)         

 Rachel was having a rough night. She thought she would have an amazing time here at the ball, maybe even meet the Prince, and who knows maybe he'll marry her? But that was for later.

          She hoped that she would meet new people, after all she didn't have many friends. A part of the reason was her mother for that, but she followed her verdict nevertheless.

          " You need to choose your friends wisely my dear. We are of  noble lineage, we don't need peasants by our side. Don't even talk to them otherwise the consequences would be bad for you", her mother always warned her. 

          "Okay Mother, I would never go against your word", a young Rachel replied as she copied her mother's pose, straight posture and chin up.

          Rachel was surprised a bit over the sudden recalled memory. Ever since they arrived she had been getting weird looks. Was it because she looked amazing in her dress? Whenever someone came to talk to her, it would be a simpleton. And being an obedient daughter that she was, she used to turn them down by giving them her stink eye and a very rude comment. And later huffed her way out of their sight in the crowd. It had happened around 6 times now. 

         After a while people actually started to avoid her, she was starting to feel uncomfortable. She felt that she should talk with her mom. So she started to walk towards her mother. Hera was talking to some people who were dressed really well, maybe some rich people from the city. 

         "Mother I need to talk to you", she said whilst standing behind her mother.

         "Ah! Rachel my dear. I was coming to call you right now. Let me introduce you to Lord Yang and his son Sherman Yang. Gentleman this is my younger daughter Rachel", Hera completely ignored Rachel's request and instead nudged her to curtsy.

          Even though disappointed, she gave a quick curtsy. The man, Sherman, her mother had mentioned looked really dashing in his ball attire with a crisp cream coloured vest over the dress shirt. He smiled at her, nodding his head once as to saying a hello.

         Rachel gave him a small forced smiled in return, still not over the fact that her mother was blatantly ignoring her talks. Sherman must've noticed that she was the least bit interested in talking to him, because he looked a bit sad. But Rachel brushed it off. She tried to signal Hera again but to no avail.

        " Excuse her manners, I don't know what has gotten into her", Hera apologised to Sherman's father while shooting a nasty look towards Rachel and continued again, " Rachel dear why don't  you and Sherman go around and have a good time whilst I talk to Lord Yang. Im sure you two would get bored eventually. And that is if you don't mind Sherman and Lord Yang?", Hera suggested.

         Rachel sighed in defeat but if her Mother was setting her up with someone then maybe she felt that he was appropriate for her to talk to. After all she was all about being with someone who is of your status. Sherman looked pretty pleased with the idea," The pleasure is all Madame Hera". 

         Sherman turned towards Hera and offered her his hand," Shall we?" he asked. Rachel smiled extending her hand replying, " We shall".

          They walked around for a bit until Sherman decided to break the silence, " Well I think we where not properly introduced, Myself Sherman and I am a financial counsellor. Can I know more about you?", he asked, a smile gracing his features.