"Four." Grinning to myself knowing I was right. She winced at my answer as she got up from her seat.

"Yup she got the Jesus knocked out of her. Desiree watch her for a sec I'll be right back. I didn't notice a girl standing there until the woman left.

She had extremely curly long dark brown hair. Her eyes were dark brown and she had light-skin. "She was holding up one finger by the way." She said as I just sat there quietly.

The woman came back with a first aid kit, some water, and what seemed like painkillers. "Here take this." She said handing me the painkillers and the water. She began to open the first aid kit trying to aid my bruises. I winced when she put what I assumed was rubbing alcohol on my lip. "So what's your name?" She asked trying to distract me from the pain.

"Emelia." I told her.

"Well Emelia do you-"

"I'm not called Emilia." I interrupted. The lady looked at the girl I assumed was her daughter probably thinking I'm crazy. "My name's Emilia but everyone calls me Emily." I said answering her confusion.

"Emily do you know your adress?" She asked as she wrapped my arm in a bandage on my arm.

"Yeah I'm just not good with the directing myself there part."

"No problem. I'll drop you there. Let me put this away." She said getting up. The girl from before quickly walked up to me.

"Do you have a phone?" She asked. I nodded my head yes. "Right it down." She ordered.

"I can't."

She sighed, rolling her eyes. "I'm not going to stalk you I just want your phone number."

"No really I can't. I broke my writing hand." I told her lifting up the bandaged arm. Looks like no drawing from me for a while.

"Then tell me it."

"954-803-7798" I said coughing a little. She scribbled the numbers on paper and jammed the paper into her pocket when a boy came out. He had darker brown hair then his sister, but their skin color were the same. He wore a black leather jacket, black jeans and a black shirt and yet he didn't look gothic.

The woman came from a room and grabbed her keys from the counter. "So what's your address?" She asked. I told her my address as she told me to get ready to leave.

"So she remembers her address but doesn't know how to get there?" The boy said. I looked at the ground embarrassed. He had a point.

"Malik be nice." The woman called out.

"I saved her I can say whatever I want." His mom looked at him sending him a warning glare and in return the boy smiled. That's when I recognized the dimples on his cheeks.

"Let's go Emily." She said to me.

"I'm coming too." The boy said.

"Fine come on Desiree your coming too." And like that I was in the back of a car with complete strangers. I mean they're not going to kill me right? No they already missed that opportunity. " Turn this corner I told her. She drove passed houses when I told her to stop at the biggest one on the block. My house.

She stopped in front of the huge golden gate. I heard Desiree gasp in surprise. "Damn I didn't know you were that rich." She said gawking at my house. Most people did when they saw it. It was a bluish grayish seven bedroom house with white bordering the windows and a red door. Not only did it have a huge front lawn it had an enormous backyard too.

"How the hell did you end up in our neighborhood girl?" The Malik boy said. I got out of the car and pressed the security button.

"Who is it?" My annoying little sister said.

"The person who's about to become an only child." I said angrily into the speaker.

"Come in." She said in her fake sweet voice. I heard the buzz go on and pulled the gate slightly so I could get in. I'm going to kill her I repeated to myself.

"Uh thank you-"

"Call me Mrs.S" She said.

"Thank you Mrs.S." I said as I closed the gate and ran to the front door. Today's been a long night and I just want to go to sleep in my warm duvet and pretend like this day never happened.

I entered the house and found my mom and sister watching tv. I stood there by the door to see if they would recognize my state, and after a few minutes it just got sad standing there so I cleared my throat to get their attention.

Both of them snapped their heads to me. My mom's eyes widened in shock. "Emily what happened?"

"What happened is my mom and my sister abandoned me at a party." My mom got out of her seat and looked at all my scars on the verge of crying.

"But Sophie told me you went home with one of your friends at the party." I looked at her like she was crazy.

"And you actually believed her?!"

"Sophie! Phone, laptop, iPod, and all electronics are confiscated. You won't get them in a month." Sophie rolled off the couch and ran to where my mother and I were standing.

"Mommy please don't take away my stuff." She pulled the puppy dog eyes and a lip quiver. In return mom gave her a warning glare.

"I should take away more stuff Sophia! Your sister could've died and all your complaining about is electronics? You're grounded and don't expect to go anywhere for a long time. And if you ask me I'll just add to the punishment."

I looked at my mom thankful that the sibling was taken care of. "I'm so sorry Emily. How about tomorrow we go shopping?" A smile instantly came from my face. Looks like some good can come from this day.

* * *

The next day I wasn't doing anything important just internet surfing until mom and I went to the mall. I was currently gawking at the most amazing flats when I got a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hey is this Emily?" A familiar voice said.

"Yes?" I asked nervous.

"It's Desiree from last night. I just wanted to make sure you were better and ask a few questions."

"I'm fine. Um I guess you can ask questions."

"Great. How many rooms are in your house? Do you ever get lost? How is it living all fancy? What's your favorite color? Want to be friends?" I smiled to myself. She wants to be friends. I was jumping for joy.

"My house has seven rooms. I don't get lost since I've lived here ever since I was born. It's cool being all fancy you get to attend a lot of parties. My favorite color is green. And I'd love to be friends." I said answering all her questions.

"Great meet me at Reynolds Park. Unless you don't know where that is too. I wouldn't want you to get lost. Who am I kidding? It's not like you'll get jumped in this fancy neighborhood."

"I know where that is I always walk there meet you in a few." I hung up and quickly dressed so I could meet Desiree at the park. From that day on the two of us had become inseparable.

_____________________

Surprise Mother F*cker.

Excuse my French.

So I know I said I'd post next week but I was way too pumped for this book. This chapter is showing you how Emliy meets Desiree and Malik. The next chapter will zoom you five years later.

I can't wait to start this book!

VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE! Love you guys.

Thymajesty *Xl <= that's my crown.